Transfer Chances?

<p>I'm currently a college freshman, and I had wanted to attend UW-Madison this year however I was denied. I now attend Indiana University and ** hate ** it. My first college semester was, unfortunately, rough. Can you guys tell me what I should/need to do to get into Wisconsin? I don't really know if I should apply for Fall 2011, Spring 2012, ir what. Any info appreciated.</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>I'm a Minnesota resident from the Minneapolis Area.</p>

<p>High school record was 3.04 GPA, 27 ACT, Top 40%, all AP's/Honors, PT job, and numerous EC's and leadership positions. I earned 7 college english credits and 3 college psych credits at a local community college via dual-enrollment during my senior year.</p>

<p>First semester of college was interesting, as I entered the semester with a desire to earn a degree in IU's Kelley School of Business and signed up for 3 classes required for that, and I veryquickly realized that the classes didn't grasp my interest and that I didn't want to do the ridiculous amounts of work for them when they served no purpose for my degree. So, I withdrew from those 3 classes and had to replace them with a 1/2 semester course, leaving me with the basic minimum 12 credits for full-time status and 3 big W's on my transcript. </p>

<p>My grades were:</p>

<p>Intro to Microeconomics: D+ (3 cr)</p>

<p>Intro to Media: C (3 cr)</p>

<p>Telecommunications Production: B (3 cr)</p>

<p>Intro to Topics in Journalism: A- (3 cr)</p>

<p>Semester GPA: 2.5000</p>

<p>I was working FULL TIME for the first half of the semester and I was spending more time at work than on campus and I felt like that highly contributed to my slip in grades, however I don't want to use it as an excuse. I tried to cut my hours at work, but my boss wouldn't comply and my mom wouldn't let me quit.</p>

<p>This semester, I'm registered to take:</p>

<p>Elementary Chemistry + Lab (5 credits)</p>

<p>200 Level Spanish (3 credits)</p>

<p>Remedial Mathematics/College Algebra (2 credits)</p>

<p>Telecommunications Management (3 credits)</p>

<p>Intensive Writing (3 credits)</p>

<p>I'm not working weekdays this semester, ad my weekend hours will be mostly overnight, so it shouldn't be affecting my grades. Considering this schedule is more humanities-based (with the exception of chem), I feel confident that with the anticipated increase in my work ethic I can pull a 3.5+ and push my cumulative GPA over 3.0. </p>

<p>As far as EC's in college, my job has limited my participation but I'm a member of Campus Crusade for Christ and the Sailing Club. </p>

<p>... what do you suggest I do? Is it still possible to get in for Fall 2011, or should I wait to apply for Spring 2012, or what? I have the Fall 2011 app completely filled out and ready to submit, but I don't wanna do it if there's no point.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot guys. Your support is appreciated in these confusing times.</p>

<p>Its a tough choice. Even if you ace your second semester there is no guarantee you will be admitted. Whenever you decide to apply you have to explain how work affected your grades that may help.</p>