Transfer Chances??

Hi everyone!! I’m a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh and am trying to transfer into GW. I’m a history & middle/near eastern studies major. I have a 3.94 gpa from 1st semester (13.5 credits) and am taking 13.5 credits this semester, as well (my math class is only 1.5 credits. I’m taking 5 classes). This semester my gpa will be a lil bit lower due to emergency surgery but I’m still doing generally well, and as far as I know my grades won’t be available soon enough to be evaluated in my admissions decision.
My essay directly tied to how I loved GW as a kid and how my mom is a musician and played concerts at Lisner. I don’t have many ECs but I held leadership positions in what I have done (theater and secretary of my hall council).

I’m so scared omg I love this school so much!!! I just decided to transfer so I’m submitting my app a lil later than usual but whatever.

My recommendation will be glowing. My prof (from one of my history classes) thinks I’m a really strong student.

Thank you in advance!!!

Btw im mostly concerned ab only taking 13.5 credits both semesters

You definitely have a solid chance with that high of a GPA! Just out of curiosity (and if you don’t mind me asking), what is making you transfer? I’m currently down to Pitt and GW as my choices for next year so I’m interested. And if you don’t want to share I totally understand.

@djm1999 I’m a humanities major and so I feel like the opportunities here are lacking. It’s an AMAZING uni for STEM majors, especially premed, but I don’t foresee me thriving here. The history classes are great but other than that, the opportunities are limited for histor majors. DC poses so much opportunity and I grew up there.

Also thanks for chancing me!