Transfer Rates and maybe....chances?

<p>Alright I believe it's a little too early to be chanced for my transfer to the next fall term because I've only started the fall term at Michigan but I wanted to know if any of you know how the transfer rates are at UM? I'm very much considering transferring back home due to some personal issues as well as for the fact that I honestly wanted to go UM but I chose to apply to michigan instead. I am a florida resident so I also wanted to know if that helps me out in the transferring process as well as the fact that I won't be asking for financial aid. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>You can check transfer rates at collegeboard.com but all you really need to focus on is your GPA. Resident status doesn’t matter because it is a private institution so they don’t have quotas or anything like that. Hope this helps</p>

<p>Take it from me, I got in with a 3.0 GPA after my first semester of college which was spent at University of Maryland, College Park. I was forced to come home for personal reasons. </p>

<p>Miami is a lot easy to transfer in than to get in freshmen year. May I recommend you applying for Spring transfer if it’s not too late, they will based their decision off of your high school and SATs.</p>

<p>Though, you really have nothing to worry about as long as you hold a 3.0 GPA since you’re transferring from a much better university. Michigan is a much more selective university and a lot stronger in academics. I’m assuming you had really high statistics to get into Michigan from a Florida public school (assuming), so you’re fine. Don’t worry, you’re a shoe-in. People transfer in from schools like FAU and Lynn and other not so worthy universities in other states as well as community colleges.</p>