Transfer Spring 2013 Students

<p>Just got accepted for Spring 2013 into the Mechanical Engineering program.
I’m pretty sure I’m going to attend, although I must admit I am quite nervous about the transition. </p>

<p>I would like to provide my admissions data so others can gain a perspective from it.</p>

<p>Iowa State University
3.12GPA
-First year Aerospace Engineering
-Second Year switched major to Mechanical Engineering
-Controls Team Leader for the Formula SAE Team
-Summer Internship in Automotive Industry in Michigan</p>

<p>Perhaps this is an example of a different side of the coin. I have been working hard on improving my academics, but I also have good extracurricular involvement and engineering interest.<br>
For those worried about admission, consider- it might be about having balance in your lifestyle. There is no formula for admission. There is such thing as an overhead perspective for you as an individual.</p>

<p>Since you will be a UW junior I presume that in addition to appying to UW you also applied to your major. UW accepts students to the university as a whole. You then need to be admitted to your major. Some majors are easy- all you need are the proper courses and gpa, others require extra work as there isn’t enough room for all who want it. The level at which you transfer will influence whether or not you do the extra step.</p>