UW Madison Spring 2015 Transfer Thread

<p>Hey! I couldn't find a thread for this so i thought i would make one. This will make it easier to communicate, post stats, notify others that you've gotten a response, etc.</p>

<p>What are your stats? Where would you be planning on living if you get in? When do you think people will start hearing back? </p>

<p>i have a 3.6 from cc in nys. Im hoping to hear back by october. my app status says it is currently being reviewed…how about you?</p>

<p>I have a 3.24 but I’m applying with 48 credits and I’m in state. Are you? My app says that too… </p>

<p>i wish i was in state. i applied with 33 credits</p>

<p>Did you apply with 33 in progress or 33 completed? </p>

<p>33 completed 16 in progress</p>

<p>Where are you planning on living if you get in? </p>

<p>Wherever! I just want to be there </p>

<p>Anyone know when they send out the first round of app notifications? I applied mid-june and my app is currently being reviewed by a counselor.</p>

<p>I am not sure… I applied in the middle of August. I’m assuming that you will hear back before November. How are you feeling your app went? </p>

<p>I feel like it went really well! I’m pretty confident in my essays. As for grades and rigor of courses, I took really difficult classes the past 3 semesters as well as in HS. I’ve heard so many different things about grades, so I feel like it totally depends on who ends up reviewing yours! How are you feeling about yours?</p>

<p>I’m feeling good about mine. I wasn’t admitted for fall and I called to figure out why. The counselor told me that my grades were good (3.24) but I didn’t take enough math or science. So this semester I am taking a college algebra and biology. In honesty, They really want a very well rounded applicant. I have lots of volunteer work, 2 jobs, and an intersnhip. Moreover, I have 1 letter of rec this time, but 5 others that carried over from my last app. I still do not know if I will get in. I would love that, but UW admissions does not seem to make sense. I am applying with 31 completed credits and 17 in progress. Since I was not admitted for fall, I transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Do you think it will hurt my app that I already transferred once? </p>

<p>I wouldn’t think so. If you are concerned, you could call and let them know that you transferred instead of taking the semester off (which I feel like they already assume that) but it obviously looks better that you’re in school taking courses versus not being in school. Ya know?</p>

<p>Okat thank you! I think it might actually help that I am going to a UW school now too. </p>

<p>I agree!!</p>

<p>I’m also a spring 2015 transfer! My app is being reviewed and I’m so excited to hear back!</p>

<p>I’ve applied as well! I’m actually very nervous about this one, because I’m transferring from a small liberal arts school and I don’t know how well credits will transfer.</p>

<p>I’ve completed 30 credits, have 18 in progress (at Madison Area Technical College), and a 3.75 from my first year (Dean’s list both semesters), 3.47 from HS. I was in the merit scholar program at my first school, have a 32 ACT and theatre work both at my first school and at home, (acting, directing, and tech work, as well as organizing volunteer programs). I also have had part-time jobs consistently from the end of junior year HS. My letter of recommendation is glowing (at least that’s what my professor said). I think my essays were fairly strong.</p>

<p>I really hope I get in, I’m not completely sure about what patterns UW has in acceptances…</p>

<p>You guys getting excited for October? Some of us who applied really early should start to hear back in October.</p>

<p>@Bryce625 When did you apply? </p>