Transfer to a 4-year or go to a cc?

Hello, I currently withdrew from my previous school because of terrible communication. I got accepted into the nursing program at my school based on my GPA from the dean, but my advisor did not want to approve me.

My current GPA is a 3.3, my science GPA is a 3.7. I am an undergrad student, Junior. I got all my pre-requisites out of the way with B+'s minimum to mainly A’s.

Since Nursing is very competitive, I am unsure of what to do. Many colleges have limited transfer spots and I am not sure if I’d be taken in.

I was wondering if going for an Associates degree for nursing and then doing a BSN program would be my best plan of action?

I live in the Northeast.

You might look at Thomas Jefferson U. in Philadelphia. They offer a 2 year nursing program designed specifically for transfers from other colleges. There are some programs that are more likely to accept transfers than others. You might find that a college such as LaSalle University in Philadelphia has spots for transfers.

In any case, it is always good to keep your options open. That means submitting both transfer applications and a community college application, so you can hopefully have a choice later.