Transfer to Geneseo or stay at Clarkson

<p>Hi everybody, </p>

<p>I've been accepted as transfer to Geneseo. It's where I wanted to go when I was a senior in high school, but I got deferred so I went to Clarkson instead. Geneseo is kinda close to where I live, but it's always been where I wanted to go to school. I would be transferring in a junior transfer if I wanted to go there, but I just don't know. I'm a biology major and I know all the talk about Bio being a hard major at Geneseo, but honestly, that's not what deters me. The reasons I want to transfer are because I find the tech school atmosphere very stifling (especially for a person who was going to be an English major until she was 16). I think a liberal arts education would really cure the lack of creativity that I'm having a problem with at Clarkson. I mean, I have a nice little niche here, I'm an RA and I'm doing well with my academics, but I just don't like the whole "only thing to do is party" atmosphere. </p>

<p>Honestly, what's holding me back is money. That probably sounds extremely silly to anyone reading this, I'm an in-state applicant to a SUNY, and money is the issue. I have very nice scholarships at Clarkson, and between being an RA and an Honors student, I'm paying quite a bit less than the 55 grand a year it costs to go here. I think I just need someone to reassure me that if I transferred I wouldn't be wasting my money or energy going to a SUNY. </p>

<p>Thanks to anyone who can help! (:</p>

<p>If you ask specific questions or PM me I can probably help you more, but I’m a junior bio major and I really like it here. As far as the partying, Geneseo has a lot of activites on the weekend that don’t involve drinking.</p>