Transferring from ucd to uci?

<p>i’m about to finish up my first year at ucd right now, but as i look into the near future, i’m not entirely sure if i’ll be staying here. i’m originally from irvine (ten minutes from uci), so i’m considering the option of transferring to uci after my second year here so that i can commute from home and help my family out while completing the last two years of school. that’s one of the reasons why i’m considering going back, the other one is that i haven’t found davis to be a great fit for me; i don’t really dig the “small town” atmosphere, plus they don’t have much of a focus towards business/accounting, which is what i want to do.</p>

<p>the thing is i’ve heard that uc to uc transfers are typically hard to pull off, but since i’m actually from irvine, would saying that transferring back would allow me to save money by commuting from home make it easier for me to transfer? another thing is that i haven’t been doing terribly well here; my current gpa is below a 3.0. even so, i have some time to show and upward trend in grades and besides, ucd and uci are about the same reputation-wise. so anyways, do you i’d be able to transfer without much of a hitch if i chose to?</p>

<p>Pull up the GPA and transfer after your 2nd year.</p>

<p>Go to CC for Fall 09 and try signing up for TAP programs to get into UCI.</p>

<p>living at home to save money is not a great excuse (UC will just say attend a cc to save even more money), but the undergrad biz program is a great reason to transfer.</p>

<p>but i did not start out at a cc, i’m already here at a uc, and besides, after transferring, it will be my 3rd and 4th year in college, which can’t be done at a cc.</p>

<p>ooppss, sry. Then yes, living at home and undergrad biz are excellent reasons to transfer.</p>