transferring into Lewis & Clark - some ?s

<p>Dd is a freshman attending another school. Her first choice had been L&C, and she was accepted, just not with enough financial aid to make it possible. She's talking about applying to transfer to L&C her junior year. My questions, if anyone can answer:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Acceptance rate for transfer students. Is there any consideration given to students who had been accepted previously, but decided not to attend?</p></li>
<li><p>Financial aid packages for transfer students. Would financial (merit) aid possibly be more than what was offered if she'd started as a freshman?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks for any input.</p>

<p>I’m assuming you’ve found this site: [Transfer</a> FAQs - Admissions - Offices - College of Arts and Sciences - Lewis & Clark](<a href=“http://www.lclark.edu/college/offices/admissions/transfer/faq/]Transfer”>http://www.lclark.edu/college/offices/admissions/transfer/faq/) where it says this:

I would call the financial aid department to ask about acceptance rates and packages. Sorry.</p>

<p>Thanks. I did find that, probably after I posted. We’ll see if dd decides to go ahead and submit a transfer request. She was accepted for freshman year, but didn’t go due to the poor financial aid package offered. I’m not sure why she thinks she would get a better one as a transfer student.</p>

<p>Hope springs eternal, especially when it comes to colleges. If the home situation (salary, assets) isn’t much different I don’t know why the FA would improve either.</p>

<p>Home situation isn’t any different. I think she’s hoping for one of the merit awards based on her college performance.</p>

<p>I suppose it could happen. Good luck!</p>

<p>I’m a little disappointed to hear.that she is thinking of transferring already. My son also considered L&C which offered more aid than where he is going. He was more excited about the Portland area than the school, though. Kids transfer all the time but it does add more time in school which translates into more cost.</p>