Financial Aid

<p>Are there any older students here who were accepted/attend Lewis & Clark and could tell us about the financial aid packets they got?</p>

<p>My son graduated last June. When he was admitted he received $11,500 in merit aid. He also received approximately $4000 in grant money each year. He also qualified for subsidized Stafford loans and work study. The pretty much met our EFC each year for the 4 years he was there.</p>

<p>shennie, did your son receive the information about the merit and grant in his acceptance letter ot later on?</p>

<p>I believe that he got everything at the same time, but he applied RD.</p>

<p>Thanks. My dd applied for EA and was accepted. So far she's only seen the email, the letter is most likely waiting for her at school. I guess we'll find out when she finally gets her hands on it.</p>

<p>Just to update. My dd received no financial aid information in her letter of acceptance (EA). I called L&C and was told they send those letters out mid-March. So, it doesn't mean she won't be offered anything, it just means we won't know until that letter comes.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info CA Mom. I assume even those who received some aid info will have updates then as well as the college decides where to offer $.</p>

<p>Son applied to L&C RD. I suspect we will hear at the time of acceptance (if he is accepted) if he is to receive any aid.</p>

<p>I got $18,500 in aid and $1,500 in work study,but my family still can't afford it.</p>

<p>maruko101, did you apply RD as a freshman for the class of 2013? I don't think Lewis & Clark has mailed decision/financial aid letters out yet.</p>

<p>My dd applied for ED (or is it EA?) at Lewis & Clark and was accepted. I called Financial Aid at the time and was told those letters won't go out until mid-March. Since this is her first choice school we're really hoping that she will be offered some type of merit award.</p>

<p>@caffeineaholic
yep.i'm an international student and got my offer in mid-February,like three weeks after application submission.</p>

<p>Maruko101, it does make more sense now that you would receive your decision letter and financial aid offer sooner given that you are an international applicant. I was just a bit confused since I recently received an email from my admissions counselor stating, among other things, that decision letters would be mailed by the end of March. Congrats on your (relatively early) acceptance, though!</p>

<p>DD2 just received an update to her merit award. It was moved up to a Trustee Scholarship (1/2 tuition and fees). Yay! This is her #2 choice (and my #1).</p>

<p>i sent a decline offer letter yesterday.really love here but it's too expensive.good luck all</p>

<p>Still no financial aid information received at our house...<em>sigh</em>.</p>

<p>We received our financial aid award in the mail yesterday, and were pleasantly surprised. Even without accepting the loan portion of the award (which was the minority -- by far the biggest part was a scholarship and a grant), the offer made it about the same for my d to attend LC as it would have for her to attend a UC school.</p>

<p>That's great news, WestCoaster! Congrats.</p>

<p>East Coaster! Got mine today- included, besides Deans scholarship, another 5k forensics scholarship in addition.</p>

<p>D's financial aid info finally arrived...very nice package! A little higher on loans for her than some of her other schools, but we could refuse some of those. I was pleasantly surprised.</p>