Transfers into Haas?

<p>Has anyone here ever succesfully transfered to Berkley’s Haas School of Business? And if you have PLEASE PLEASE respond or contact me.</p>

<p>Do you think it would be easier to transfer into Berkeley’s Haas from a UC or from a CCC? I know traditionally a CC to UC transfer if easier, but Berkeley has always been an exception to this rule, and if Berkeley is an exception to that rule then I figure Haas HAS to be an exception because it’s even more competitive.</p>

<p>Can the prerequisites and breadth requirements be completed at any UC? Or do some UCs not offer the classes needed to transfer. I will probably be going to UCD btw. And will it be looked down upon if I try to complete some of the prerequisites at a CCC even if I’m attending a UC?</p>

<p>Does anyone have any advice on how to make your transfer application more appealing? I figure leadership roles and taking an active part in the community. But what about internships? Do they look at those? I’m guessing yes, but how will I get an internship if I’m attending Davis undeclared b/c they don’t have a business major? Does anyone accept interns who aren’t econ/business majors?</p>

<p>Is anyone on here trying to transfer into Haas from one UC to another, or even from a CCC. Maybe we could exchange info and help each other out with the confusing and demanding prerequisites.</p>

<p>i don't know about classes and what's offered where, what's accepted as transfer units, etc, but i do know that your extracurriculars do not have to be business-related. in fact, i did an internship last summer at the state capital, so it was entirely poli-sci oriented, and all the ECs i do are non-business related as well (they're more volunteer-based community outreach programs). i was a little bit surprised when i got in to haas, because i, like you, thought that they put an emphasis on business-y involvements, but i guess that haas just wants to see leadership, and it doesn't really matter what you lead. (i say this with the assumption that haas looks for the same things in their transfer students as in the cal continuing students, which i would guess is the case.)</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply, that's good to know.</p>

<p>Can I ask what your stats were? And do they take your SATs into considerations? If they do, is it M/CR or the entire thing. Because on the business week rankings they only show the average SATs for Math/Critical Reading.</p>

<p>Its good to know that you got in without business related ECs, so I'm glad to hear that I don't have to do business things. But does that mean they just don't care or that they like business ECs but will accept non business ECs.</p>

<p>my college gpa is in the top 15% of the class. see if you can figure out what that is. ;) jk, it's over a 3.7</p>

<p>they have a place on the application to put your SAT score, but it's not considered in the admissions process. it's only for statistical purposes. and they only asked for verbal and math, so no CR.</p>

<p>haas considers your "involvement in the haas community" or whatever it is when they look at your ECs. i take that to mean that they like business ECs, but again, they're not necessary. it's more about leadership and being involved in the general community, period.</p>

<p>oops, i meant to say "so no Writing", because CR = Verbal. sorry.</p>

<p>Thanks again.</p>

<p>Do you have more CC transfer than UC/4 year university transfers? Or the other way around?</p>

<p>i'm not sure about that. all i can find on the haas website is "continuing uc berkeley applicants" and "transfer applicants." haas accepts about 250 continuing students (about 50% admit rate) each year and 100 transfers (>10% admit rate), and i assume most of the transfers are from CCs, but i don't know. berkeley as a whole is a lot nicer to CC transfers, but that may or may not be true of haas, seeing as how haas is very different from the rest of cal.</p>

<p>That's what I was thinking (hoping, actually), that Haas doesn't give CC such a huge preference. Have you met any transfers in your classes? Were they CC or UC transfers.</p>

<p>Also, it seems like most of the Haas applicants don't complete their neccesary breadth courses and prereqs. Among eligible applicants that number shoots up to about 20% lol still pretty low but better than 8%.</p>

<p>personal anecdotes about if i've met more people from CC vs. UC aren't very representative of the transfer population, i think. all i will say is that haas prides itself on being like a smaller "private" school within a larger public university, and as such, may not be as obsessed about admitting CC transfers as the rest of cal (or the UCs in general, for that matter).</p>

<p>yeah, two-thirds of transfer applicants don't meet the minimum eligibility requirements. that's a little bit shocking, but i suppose since haas has so many prereqs, it makes taking exactly the right classes outside of berkeley rather difficult. but you're right: of those who meet the minimum requirements, about 1 out of 5 get in, with an avg gpa of 3.9-ish.</p>