Trash TV - The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise

We watched Serena as well . Then went back to the Bachelorette. This season really has been strange but I’ve gone so far at this point that I’m sure I’ll keep watching til the bitter end!

1 Like

If anyone finds the rose ceremony they said could be seen on abc.com, please post a link here - I combed and combed with no results.

If I thought this season was bad (I do) this episode was the worst of the season.

Also huge (HUGE) Nate fan.

I was happy to see Logan survived his covid. They said he couldn’t be there and cancelled the cocktail party and roses for that week, but they never mentioned him again. Really, run a little message that Gabby decided against him for reasons not having to do with covid, and is moving on with the other guys.

I agree this season is a mess.

The Love Witch needed to find an incantation to get rid of that Boston accent. :rofl:

Could that accent have possibly been real?! It was SO exaggerated!!

Not showing a rose ceremony which is like the basis of the show, is telling on what a weird season this was! Jesse just says “you get a cruise…you get a rose…everyone is happy!!”

1 Like

I lived in the area for 8 years, and I’ve heard strong accents, but that was over the top.

TBH, I fast forward through the rose ceremonies, but I also FF through the filler on the Men/Women Tell All episodes. I really don’t need a reminder of what we’ve seen before - it’s been less than 2 months; I’m quite capable of keeping memories that long. Nor did I need Meatball sauce part 2. They really could have edited that better to fit in the rose ceremony, because I am not invested enough to go to abc.com to view.

2 Likes

I think they are testing to see how much traffic they can drive to the website for unseen footage. Jesse told us the results of the rose ceremony so I don’t need to see them hand out a rose to each guy.

I’m not a Nate fan. I don’t dislike him but I feel that he is too “made for TV” and too scripted. That includes the green suit, hand heart intro, and the fact that Gabby said he was a role model for the guys (where did she get that from?). I don’t remember a previous season where a cast member who was voted out earlier got the last seat in MTA. Usually that seat is held for the last person eliminated which, in this case, would be Tyler. I will be disappointed if he is the next Bachelor but it looks like that is the direction they are heading.

Last night’s episode was a snoozer. I actually stopped watching midway to see what was happening on Claim to Fame.

2 Likes

I like Claim to Fame!

1 Like

I agree that he will now transition to “made for TV” if he is to be the bachelor…because that is what they do to all their contestants. Contestants gotta pay the piper (ABC).

But I observed not only last night but at times through the season the other contestants expressing respect for Nate and the way he said things or handled himself. True the show may have gave him that edit because by airing, they know who stays and who goes before the finale.

That said, I mean if there was a bachelor to come from this season who would/could fit the bill? To me, it’s SLIM pickings. Not the most interesting roster this round. My 2nd would be Aven…

1 Like

Clearly. But I’m not playing. :grin:

I can count on my index finger the number of shows that have driven me to view behind-the-scenes or unseen footage. I don’t even watch DVD extras. If it’s not important enough to be part of the original product, it’s not important to me. :rofl:

1 Like

I was born in Salem. I think the accent sounded exactly like all my relatives (who still live there, rarely travel). The only thing ‘off’ was how slow she talked as most Bostonians talk fast. She was probably taking it slowly so the outsider could keep up.

I used to enjoy Survivor’s Ponderosa videos and would go to the website to watch them. Sadly, they stopped posting them a couple of seasons back.

1 Like

Yup, that’s my one exception. While the US version has stopped them, both Australia and South Africa has Ponderosa episodes this year.

1 Like

Jon just posted that there is a way to hide information in a post unless someone wants to see it. It can be used if someone want to post a spoiler.

Example:

Click to read spoiler

BIP will have a Casa Amor type of set up where one gender is sent to a different beach.

1 Like

Well the problem I have with that is that people forget what they read is a spoiler and then comment at some point after the spoiler post…and then…we are spoiled!

Personally not a fan of spoilers of current shows…at all.

Same! Please (please!) no spoilers.

Don’t worry, the sentence that I put in the hidden spoiler above has nothing to do with people on either the Bachelorette or BIP. It is just one sentence about a different twist on BIP- kind of like saying this season of the Bachelorette will be on a cruise ship.

That black box over Gabby’s butt is dumb.

3 Likes