Trash TV - The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise

Wasn’t his just saying “I’m ready in life for an engagement and I believe I want that with you but not sure I’m ready to be engaged in 3 days off a tv schedule”???

Gosh, if this is my daughter I am over the moon that a guy would take an engagement seriously - a commitment and not make a tv schedule dictate a choice!

2 Likes

I tried to look it up. Do they get paid more if they are engaged?

That’s a good question for Reality Steve, but don’t go to his website until next Wednesday because, spoilers.

No. But they get a nice free (*) engagement ring. And he gets paid nothing; only the lead (or leads this season) are paid

(*) Terms and conditions apply. I believe they have to stay together for 2 years, otherwise the ring is returned to the jeweler unless one of them wants to buy it

2 Likes

It looks like it is negotiable but they get paid approx $100K/season. BIP is also negotiable but pays per episode.

I can’t see the lead (and her family) being so hyper focused on being engaged just for a ring. I wonder if being engaged means that they get paid for the post show press tour (People magazine, morning shows, etc.) I had assumed those were part of their contract.

I think the expectation of engagement is also part of the contract, if not it’s certainly part of the ethos of the show.

I hadn’t watched for years, and started watching this show with my D and her friends. I agree with the above sentiment that this season has been a train wreck.

1 Like

I want my 2 hours and 16 minutes back!

Ok, rant over…the second both Rachel and Gabby walked on the stage I heard myself say out loud “uh oh” - neither looked happy to be there, neither was “glowing” and overall I wondered when Dr. Phil was going to show up and help these “women” get real! (BTW, that’s my idea for a spinoff/crossover)

I felt like Aven was the most sane person on the show, which isn’t saying much, because anyone would look sane compared to most on the season.

Someone, please, get rid of Tino! He’s as desperate as Rachel. It’s like he’s now got a point to prove, and unless it was a bad edit, he stumbled all over the place with Rachel’s family.

I almost want to go read the spoilers just so I can get out of watching next week…but I won’t.

1 Like

I think the expectation of an engagement is ridiculous and as we know, most of these couples don’t make it. What I’m saying here is if he said something different ( I’m ready) in the fantasy suite he should have clarified things in person with Rachel before saying all this to her friends.

Seems many people are not fans of Rachel so she gets blamed even though the guys are adults here too and should speak up.

Reality Steve just posted the name of the next Bachelor. I’m ok with that choice, if correct.

3 Likes

I just had to look! I was thinking he might be the next. I can see some pros and cons of the choice, but it wouldn’t be good TV otherwise. By good, I mean bad. Or addictive. Or just soul sucking.

Agreed. There could be better, but there could be far worse. What I don’t see, which I find appealing, is the over the top drama. Of course, that may come with the group of women.

1 Like

Ho hum. I have nothing negative to say about him, mainly because i just don’t care. Milquetoast choice.

Thanks for sharing. In my opinion, nice choice.

The spoilers were all written before last night’s ‘live’ performance and so even though the stuff from Mexico is ‘in the can’ things can change. I would not be surprised if next week’s show is more like an ‘After the Final Rose’ with who proposed and who is engaged changing in The most dramatic Bachelorette EVER and people breaking up right before our eyes.

It seemed like no one was happy (maybe Jesse?) last night at all.

2 Likes

I just heard who they are saying will be the Bachelor and I am NOT ok with it. I think this is a terrible choice. :yawning_face: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I woke up this morning and I was trying to figure out what day of the week it was, and I thought “Football last night, is today Bachelorette Tuesday?”

Disappointment!

Tomorrow night’s FINAL finale is THREE HOURS LONG. And I won’t spoiler anything but there has been MORE contestant drama it seems this past week so you may need to take a shower after watching to get all the filthy drama off of you!! :roll_eyes: :joy: :hushed:

2 Likes

I don’t even know what to do with that…other than plan on a long and fruitless evening…

It includes After the Final Rose

1 Like

I figured - ugh, that just adds insult to injury.

1 Like