Trash TV - The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise

You were not alone!

I’ve never checked it out before but @ bachelordata on IG is really interesting. She started compiling Bachelor/ette data as a way to learn Excel.

She broke down the timeline of when everything happened, along with clips we were shown, and it sounds like the issues between Rachel & Tino started after Rachel made her guest appearance on BIP (not a spoiler, it was shown in a preview).

Another comment from Tino that Rachel cut off was something about her asking him if he wanted to be the next Bachelor.

2 Likes

I love this kind of brainiac stuff.

1 Like

Wow. Strange way to start Bachelor In Paradise. First out of the gate- Hunter sitting on a toilet, talking about her bowel issues! This should be interesting!

1 Like

I’ve never watched BIP before. I was warned it would be a lot more risqué than Bachelor/ette

I’ll give it a couple of episodes and see if I can stomach it!

I always loved Michael the dad. They sure are rubbing in his age and dadness!

Hunter’s IBS was revealed/exposed by another contestant roasting her during the Bachelor. Since then, she has become outspoken about her condition.

In previous seasons, the participants seemed to look down on others who had contact or a relationship before the show. This time, I feel that many of them had prior communication. It was almost as if I had missed an episode.

What is the story with Kira and Romeo and Jill? Had they dated previously?

2 Likes

Is anyone still watching BIP? It is really dragging out. They still haven’t had the second rose ceremony. Maybe they are focusing less on people going home because they didn’t receive a rose and more on wearing people down so that they leave on their own.

I think future seasons should just be filmed at Stagecoach. I don’t know if they expect viewers to follow the contestants’ social media accounts but I have no idea who hooked up with who at Stagecoach.

1 Like

Yup.

I’m not really complaining, since it helps me get to know them a little better.

That said, I’m missing the point of Ashley and Jared. Admittedly, I’m not Bachelor Nation’s target demographic, but I did not watch their earlier BiP seasons, don’t care about a recap, and certainly don’t care if they get it on the Boom Boom Room.

What IS Stagecoach?? Is it like Coachella??? A music event? No???

Shoot there are like 5-6 guys going to go home if they have a rose ceremony. I wonder if they will throw in the new “twist” that has been public knowledge for awhile.

I knew that Sierra and Michael would not work out. He is a handsome guy but he is truly your nice, handsome, sweet dad from Ohio and I think he will want someone not as flashy (not in a bad way) as Sierra.

Is it common for people to just exit the island like this???! Also Pete the pizza guy is so annoying. I could FEEL Brittany’s cringe when he went for the kiss.

I could actually maybe see Brittany with Michael!

I heard a podcast with Wells the other day and it was interesting. I’ll continue to watch as a BIP newbie but I’m usually multi-tasking while watching…

A country music festival which takes place at the same venue as Coachella

Oh yeah, now I remember Wells saying he wasn’t at Stagecoach because he’s not a country music fan!!! :slight_smile:

Coachella is two consecutive weekends and Stagecoach is a country western festival the following weekend.

US magazine seems to run a lot of articles about Bachelor Nation and Stagecoach. This one is from last week and doesn’t have any spoilers. BiP's Kira, Justin Have Varying Salley Carson Stagecoach Stories

Regarding Ashley and Jared, some of the current cast don’t even know who they are. And they don’t seem to be interacting with the rest of the cast all that much. I’m not sure why they are featuring them. Maybe they are looking to create a new show about life after marriage and kids.

1 Like

Ds2 worked Stagecoach a couple of years and saw tons of contestants.

When I googled it this morning, it seems that several of the contestants’ attendance at Stagecoach is sponsored by companies that want their clothing or products featured on social media.

I’m really over the Ashley and Jared story line. Seems the message is “get married, have a kid, and then you won’t have the time/energy/motivation for sex even on vacation”. It’s so dumb. Dumber than the rest of the show!

2 Likes

I have never watched BIP but was confused by seeing her on a commercial, thinking she is married. So paradise is not just for bachelors?

The comment about farting one day and having sex the next was dumb.

I don’t understand what happened the night that Jared set up the candles and rose petals. When they showed him passed out, there were no candles or rose petals.

I don’t know if this is a regular occurrence (bringing back a couple from the past), but they are the only “outsiders” - everyone else is suppose to be (?) eligible looking-for-love singles. :slight_smile:

They occasionally have people come back to give advice to contestants. I think Jade and Tanner came back one year. But, alumni are usually only there for short time and don’t spend the night. Granted, this season is really dragging on so maybe those that come back do spend the night and we just don’t see it.

A&J don’t seem to be giving advice to anyone and it was odd that they gave them a date card. Who cares where A&J first met or why the beach is important to them? They are old news.

BIP used to be where the contestants first got together. Maybe they had met at an after party or had messaged each other on social media but there was never this much of a reference of contestants hooking up prior to the show. That’s why it feels as if we are missing something. Brandon and Serene obviously knew each other before the show. Same with Teddi and Andrew and Rodney. And there are lots of references of people waiting for a certain person to arrive at the beach.

Previously, Piper and Brendan got trashed from their fellow contestants for having a relationship prior to BIP.

1 Like

What do you all think about Michael the dad??? Are they pushing him to still keep (constantly) talking about his wife who died? Or is he just still not past that enough that he can’t NOT talk about it, think about it, bring it up when he is laying on a make-out couch with another woman?!!

1 Like