Trash TV - The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise

I think production has a very heavy hand in guiding the proceedings. Not just with Michael.

1 Like

I’ve watched BIP before and all I can say is, this is by far the worst season. Normally, not many people leave unless they don’t get a rose. Now it seems like people appear to leave, but reappear later in the show. If a couple happens to have a good date, the next arrival is a person to break up the couple. Apparently they are asked in advance, who they’d like to meet. So few of them seem sincere and the little games are getting tiring. Ashley and Jared are just plain tacky.

2 Likes

I wondered if there was any chance someone like Teddy or Sierra shows back up.

Anyone else think that Genevieve and Aaron look like they could be siblings? Seriously, they look so much alike!!!

1 Like

I agree, this is a really bad season.

They’ve always asked who the contestants would like to meet. I think there used to be a list rather than just “the one.” This season, it seems that the contestants know the person they want to meet will show up and they just need to lead someone else on until that person arrives.

Based on what Teddi posted on social media, I think she is done.

1 Like

I also think this season is really bad, although I still like the opening song and credits because it’s so cheesy! I’m finding the Ashley/Jared stuff particularly annoying, and just don’t find them very appealing.

I’ll keep watching though just to see how much more stupid it can get! :smile:

Ummm. A lot more. :grin:

Ashley dumps Jared for Michael A, after she catches Jared in the Boom Boom Room with Lace.

Salley comes back for her suitcase and decides to stay. Low and behold, her “boss” (ex-boyfriend) shows up to prevent her from connecting with anyone else.

Genevieve and Aaron look alike because they find out they were both adopted at birth and are really siblings.

Rodney gets involved with several of the women because “they all want him.”

I KNEW it! :rofl:

1 Like

Again, this season of BIP is worse than ever. It’s as bad as this past season of The Bachelorette -

I hated Ashley & Jarod during the height of their seasons & I hate them just as much now.

The most likable person on the show imo is Wells.

1 Like

When I posted yesterday I hadn’t actually finished Tuesday night’s show…ROMEO NO!!! Maybe he and Kira will match on a brain level but WHY would you leave with someone who an hour ago arrived back at the beach TO PURSUE SOMEONE ELSE??? Maybe he was just looking for a ticket to leave on “his terms” as opposed to the no rose terms.

I have to say I adored Romeo previously and thought he was so, so handsome in a Barack Obama sort of way (LOL).

I don’t think it’s related to Kira. think he (correctly) realized a rose was not forthcoming and decided to cut bait and leave.

1 Like

There was a moment where the camera caught an expression on Romeo’s face and his eyes looked pure evil to me. It really surprised me.

I always think the women of the show are dumb hopping from one guy to another in seconds flat, but he (Romeo) made me realize stupidity doesn’t have a gender preference.

1 Like

At least Jared and Ashley left. Hopefully, they don’t resurface later!

1 Like

I’m so exhausted exercising my brain with Jeopardy that I need something mindless to watch like Bachelor in Paradise that comes on after it. It truly is one of the worst shows on TV ever but I just can’t seem to look away! :smile:

5 Likes

Wow! The old girls are so ridiculous. They’ve been with these guys for a total of about 5 days. Some even less than that. And they act like they’re going to die if they have to leave them for a “week”, which is really probably 2 days. Enjoy the air conditioning and the lack of crabs and talk to the new guys like mature adults. Can they not talk to anyone unless they’re about to make out?

Pour Lace, she is just a disaster and producers are just setting her up for a breakdown. I’m shocked Johnny & Aaron are actually being faithful but wonder if that’s just because they are not interested in any of the new girls. Andrew is too good aid guy for Jessina, I find her very annoying. And I don’t think Michael is ready for a relationship. Who wants to listen to him talk about his deceased wife in every other sentence?

1 Like

I liked Michael A from the very first time we met him during The Bachelorette but he’s draining the life out of me (a viewer) so I can only imagine what it’s like in person. I hope he’s in therapy.

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve ever watched BIP, and have now watched 30 minutes last week and the show tonight. I don’t get it.

The bachelorette/bachelor are all about ‘finding love’ and getting people together. This BIP seems to be about ways to break them up, separating them when they zero in on one partner, making them miserable.

1 Like

Let’s not delve to deeply into it. BiP is simply a vehicle for the Bachelor Nation producers to make money by having another show in the air. And let’s be real; it’s not an original concept - they simply ripped off Temptation Island. :grin:

2 Likes

Peter’s Pizzeria being Yelp-bombed

Dude definitely didn’t do himself any favors by going back on the show…

I didn’t finish last night’s show yet but am ok with spoilers, so coming here to see comments.

I’m surprised about Lace (who I didn’t know before this show) is so into Rodney - honestly I don’t see them being a match. How about Jill?! Girl was out of control mad!!! I actually heard a podcast with Jill and she is super pleasant and seems normal. Very smart. Really into her career.

I have to believe that the show is giving Michael the edit of constantly talking about his wife. They all seem to love him and I don’t know that they would if he was a widow broken record. I would love for him to find “love” but honestly I don’t know that it’s going to be to a Bachelor franchise person. He needs to come back to Ohio - I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be a hot commodity here!

1 Like