Trash TV - The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor In Paradise

Good friends of my sister (2 different couples not traveling together) just returned from 11 + days in Greece.

1 Like

ABC has posted the opening credits (and therefore the cast) for Bachelor in Paradise

4 Likes

Meh, on the cast. I know more will come though. I can’t believe Rachel is going to put herself through this again!

2 Likes

All of them as usual are recycled from past Bachelor and Bachelorette appearances, still looking for love! I’m most looking forward to seeing Brayden and Sean .

Yes I know that’s how they do it. Still not that crazy about the selection!

2 Likes

In contrast to Bachelor in Paradise Canada, which uses past contestants,(both from Canada and US versions) and also adds newbies. I actually enjoyed their most recent season.

1 Like

I can’t believe they’re bringing back Blake Moynes yet again!

2 Likes

I can. They need to have drama when Katie Thurston visits. :rofl:

I’ve never really followed BIP, but I’m going to assume they were going for a retro ‘Love Boat’ style opening here on purpose, yes? And also, what is Jesse eating at the end? Is that a burrito?

So so corny. :corn: :unamused:

1 Like

A “burrito” yes. I’ve always hated the opening. ALWAYS!

1 Like

And I believe corny is the point. They are literally making fun of themselves!!! BIP sort of doesn’t take itself to seriously.

1 Like

Once in a blue moon this process does seem to work! Two people that met on BIP in 2019 (after previously having appeared on the Bachelor and Bachelorette) just got married in France! Hannah Godwin and Dylan Barbour.

They commented that moving in together during the pandemic, helped them get to know each other better. That reminds me of the Netflix show “Third Longest Date.”

1 Like

Sad news

Bachelorette contestant Josh Seiter dead at 36: Reality star passes away days after posting about ‘anxiety and depression’

He was on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season.

If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org.

Story said Kaitlyn Bristow.

Corrected. I was typing from faulty memory

Sad news about Josh. He seemed to have been eliminated in the first week in 2015(please correct me if I’m wrong) so it is surprising that being a brief contestant on a reality show carries over for years. He had longstanding mental health issues including bipolar and OCD issues. I feel for that and his struggles but it does make me wonder what kind of screening they do with contestants. Putting himself in that setting might not have the best idea for him.

Cute! I remember them both.

Just finished watching the last episode. I thought Charity had more chemistry with Joey, but Dotun seems like a good guy, too.

I just read that Neil Lane requires that the ring be returned if the couple splits up within two years. I guess he gets a lot of rings back!

Not exactly.

The contract requires that the ring be returned if the couple breaks up within 2 years, but the ring goes to ABC, not Lane.

I know way too much minutiae about this franchise. :rofl:

4 Likes