Tuition Increase

<p>I noticed that tuition is increasing for the 2014-2015 year. What types of scholarships are increased with tuition hikes?</p>

<p>Scholarships which are valued at a portion of tuition, including full tuition scholarships, increased by proportional amounts. The fact that the scholarship letter for a full tuition or portion of tuition scholarship states a dollar amount is irrelevant; the ultimate amount is usually greater as tuition rates typically increase over time.</p>

<p>thanks for the info.</p>

<p>Full, 2/3, half, and 1/3 tuition awards are increased as tuition rises.</p>

<p>I called in yesterday and they said that any scholarship for tuition is increased. I find that hard to believe. Does that mean a Capstone scholarship will increase? If it were true, when would we see these increases in mybama? Has anyone seen theirs?</p>

<p>^ believe it. I know from experience. DS with Presidential has never paid a dime in tuition. Whenever it increases on his bill, so does his scholarship. </p>

<p><<<
yesterday and they said that any scholarship for tuition is increased. I find that hard to believe. Does that mean a Capstone scholarship will increase? I</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>for the Capstone? probably will not increase since that is for a set amount. Send an email to <a href=“mailto:Amber.capell@ua.edu”>Amber.capell@ua.edu</a> and be sure to mention that your child has the Capstone award.</p>

<p>Usually only the awards that specify that they cover full or a particular portion of tuition are increased (Presidential, UA Scholar, and similar)</p>

<p>Look at the wording of the scholarship award. If it says cost of tuition, it will increase. If it says $amt, it is a fixed sum.</p>