Tulane University Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Interesting. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

It seems everyone got that email irrespective of the fact if they did ED or EA to Tulane.

1 Like

That would make sense and thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Just to clarify, that email only went to EA students. Tulane was asking them if they were accepted to a different school ED, and if so, please withdraw their application from Tulane.

Similarly, students who were accepted to Tulane ED were asked to withdraw their applications from other schools.

They as just asking students to adhere to the ED rules and pull other applications once accepted ED.

3 Likes

D23 has two email accounts. She didn’t receive that email on the account she applied to Tulane EA from but on the other one.

1 Like

Any ED students receive financial aid letters yet?

2 Likes

Checked the Gibson Portal yesterday and there wasn’t an aid letter. There was a request for w2s though.

1 Like

EA comes out 12/20 @ 3pm Central!

EA? are you sure? where did you hear this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmQO6oKrXCn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

wow. that seems crazy. way earlier than they had originally predicted. they just released ED! I wonder if this is just a small subset of EA, like an initial wave (no pun intended)?

2 Likes

i suspect a ton of deferrals to try and get them too ED2. This is how Tulane is inflating numbers on their end. Seems like their m.o. now is to let in unrepresented kids (which is GREAT!) than balance those out with super privates who can afford full freight.

2 Likes

I thought they would and was surprised when they said later. This makes sense. Hopefully they’ll just rip the bandaid off for everyone but they won’t. They’ll defer to try and up their ED2 numbers.

well that will suck for my daughter. fresh off her disappointing ED deferral, what she doesn’t need now is another deferral to hurt her confidence. but yeah, I’m sure that’s what’s coming. a whole bunch of deferrals so they can pressure us to change to ED 2. it’s a solid plan.

3 Likes

Good luck to everyone in the EA round. My daughter was fortunate to get in and fell in love with. Hoping for many acceptances and new admits!

4 Likes

Good luck to everyone! Over the weekend my son was accepted ED to another school and he withdrew his Tulane application yesterday. He will never know if he would have been accepted or not, but we hope by withdrawing that someone else will be. Tulane is a great school!

9 Likes

Will all EA results be released today or it will be in batches?

According to Tulane’s announcement, all decisions will be released at 3pm CT.

1 Like

I’m confused about this announcement. Besides Twitter or Instagram, how was the message delivered? I don’t think my daughter got an email. It’s not on the application portal. If I wasn’t looking/lurking here on CC I would never have know about it (although I expect a deferral so it likely won’t matter).

(Update: Ok, now I see the announcement in the little feed on the application portal. Pretty subtle though
)

4 Likes

They posted it on their instagram

2 Likes