Tulane University Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Based on last year’s thread, decisions were released on Feb. 10, but I don’t think they have ever announced the date in advance.

1 Like

Has anyone received their financial aid information? We called last week and they said they would have it done before the 15th which is the deadline for making the non-refundable deposit. Seems very strange to run this close to the deadline when the ED letter said it would be done by 12/24.

we got ours on Saturday and it was extremely generous - more than I could have even hoped for.

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

will she be attending Tulane then?

1 Like

I read that Tulane is greatly decreasing the number of spring scholars and they ask about it on the continued interest form for deferred applicants. Does anyone know if ED2 applicants can still get offered spring scholar? Or is it only RD and deferred EA applicants?

yes. She was going to attend regardless bc she applied ED but this made it much easier to do so.

1 Like

I just asked my daughter and she said that she got an email that told her to check the portal on Saturday morning. I honestly thought the fa awards were supposed to be out in December. I will say that they asked us to submit all our w2’s and a second copy of our tax return, like the week before christmas. So it was longer than I anticipated but in our case, worth the wait.

1 Like

They asked for our 1040s last week. Fingers crossed it will help with FA. We got a small amount of merit and invited to scholars program. But we won’t know where or how until end of March with all of our RDs in the mix, too. Ugh.

Update: Got in EA, now waiting on financial aid numbers. Tulane is his first choice if we can make the numbers work!

6 Likes

completely agree pishicaca

2 Likes

What is Top Scholars? I’ve seen mention of this. How would my child know if she got this?

My daughter received this invitation with her acceptance—it’s an admitted student event for honors scholars.

How do they define honors scholars? Was this something you applied for?

1 Like

No she did not apply for it, I’m not sure how they define it, but it is an honors program and she received an invitation in her acceptance letter to be an honors scholar.

Has anyone heard any updates on when ED2 decisions may be released, other than the website date of “by January 31”?

I was wondering the same, does anyone know what day they usually release? I assumed it was going to come out tonight, but with no announcement I am assuming it will be Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

Any news about the release date?

1 Like

Tomorrow (Jan 31) at 3pm as per Tulane Admission FB page.

1 Like

ED2 is out! She’s in!!!

2 Likes