Tulane University Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My DD was accepted for Spring Scholars. She is excited!

3 Likes

I noticed the admission letter doesnā€™t specify a major. Is that the norm?

I was also just accepted to the Spring Scholars!

4 Likes

My Dā€™s letter did not have a major, I think thatā€™s normal!:blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations to those who were accepted. Unless you applied to the Architecture School, then you were admitted to the Newcomb College. No need to declare a major until end of Sophomore year, and you can sample within the offerings until then.

3 Likes

Congrats!!! And yes, totally the norm - majors arenā€™t required to be declared until the end of their sophomore year (and from what weā€™ve heard, lots of kids switch around quite a bit in those first two years).

3 Likes

My son did also. He was deferred ED and just got in tonight for Spring scholars.

2 Likes

I was deferred EA and sent my letter of continued interest exactly a week ago. I thought it was too late, but I guess not.

1 Like

Curious, did you say in your LOCI you would be interested in Spring Scholars or did you just randomly get admitted to it?

Did you move yourself to ED2 after deferment?

1 Like

I did not specifically say that in the LOCI, but when I uploaded it to the portal, there was a small check box asking me if I would like to be considered for it. I did not move to ED2 simply due to the financial commitment, but I made sure to demonstrate that I was actually interested in the school as my first choice.

1 Like

Did anyone getting an offer for Spring Scholars get merit $$?

1 Like

Not that he saw but he was in shock so not sure he read everything! Iā€™ll check in the morning and report back

I believe that the top 10% of the admitted class is automatically admitted as an ā€œHonors Scholarā€. Students are unable to apply to the program, and should have heard back in their decision that they have been accepted if that is the case. Here is some of the perks of the program (according to the website):

During this one-year experience, Honors Scholars have the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities such as research panels, faculty dinners, and scholarly conversations and lectures. This programming is offered to help Honors Scholars establish an academic foundation for their undergraduate years at Tulane.

Featured experiences include:

• A tailored schedule during New Student Orientation and Fall Welcome that introduces our honors scholars to the program and its opportunities
  • Networking opportunities with school Deans and community members
  • Keynote lectures hosted by some of Tulaneā€™s top faculty
  • Workshops for those on a pre-professional track and for those considering fellowships and research
  • Showcases for the many second-year leadership opportunities available for our Honors Scholars to consider their experience

I hope this helps!

Anyone know typically how many Deans Honor/Paul Tulane/Stamps are awarded each year? And if invited to interview for Stamps, is that a good sign for a DHS or PT?

1 Like

Not sure how many they award. Did you get invited for a Stamps interview? Isnā€™t that a full scholarship as well?

Yes to interview for Stamps. Stamps is full-ride (plus stipend) whereas Deans Honor and Paul Tulane are full tuition only. Iā€™m not even allowing myself to hope for the Stamps, but hoping that having made it to this level shows hope for either of the full tuition applied for (it said that ā€œbecause you are one of the top applicants for DH or PTā€ or something like that). Seems like from past yearsā€™ posts that itā€™s done on a little different timeline each year so probably no words of wisdom, just nervous and wanting any intel I can gather!

Congratulations! Stamps is definitely an amazing opportunity. Good luck to you!!

2 Likes

That is awesome. Congrats! How did you hear about the Stamps interview? Was there a change in your portal or did they call you?

Emailed!

1 Like

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their Gibson portal? The username/password that worked earlier this week are no longer recognized.

1 Like