Tv cables in bedrooms?

<p>Does anyone know if Riverside West has tv cables in each bedroom, or are they just in the common area? BTW, my son thinks it’s really funny that there is a group of people who will answer all my questions. Thanks! :)</p>

<p>tv outlet - you need your own cable i think. we got an extra long one so the tv could go on the other side of the room.</p>

<p>Really? I’m telling my son you guys said ‘No’…</p>

<p>;-)</p>

<p>^ LOL! I’m trying to talk myself out of putting a TV in my bedroom because I know I will never study in there if I do…</p>

<p>So cable is in the living room of the suite? What is the monthly cost?</p>

<p>This is too funny!! Are you bringing a tv or adding an extra monitor to the computer?</p>

<p>There is cable in the living room and in the individual bedrooms. There is no extra expense for the cable; it is included in the cost of the room. The list of channels is available at: [Cable</a> Television Information](<a href=“http://www.ua.edu/financial/aux_svcs/vending/cable_television.htm]Cable”>http://www.ua.edu/financial/aux_svcs/vending/cable_television.htm)</p>

<p>I think that DH brought down some extra long cable to set up D’s tv. In a sad note, her TV is out for repair for at least another week. No Food Network :(</p>

<p>S watches most television on his computer I think via hulu or something.
Just found out in our area you can download cablevision as an app on your ipad and watch tv anywhere in the house. Pretty cool, just downloaded the app.</p>

<p>Do most people have TVs in their bedrooms and the living room?</p>

<p>I can only speak for my D’s suite, but one of her roomies brought a larger TV for the common area and her uncle bought her a TV for her room. She never had a TV in her room living at home, but she’s enjoyed having one this year. She watches Food Network and other not quite typical kinds of shows & has found it relaxing.</p>

<p>My son and his suite mates have a nice TV in the living room. They have watched movies/various shows and sporting events on it. There is a game system hooked to it, too.</p>

<p>As for individual TVs, my son has one in his room. He’s so busy that he has never connected it this year.</p>

<p>one of my DD’s roomies said they would bring a tv for the living area since she lived closer. well, she showed up with a 12 inch tube tv for the living area!! : O</p>

<p>so, for the first semester they did little to no hanging out in there. so, basically we were paying for that living area that nobody ever used.</p>

<p>through a stroke of luck, my DD ended up being able to get a large tv for the living area from her aunt. so we brought that back at christmas. now the living area is used quite a lot for movies and sports and everything.</p>

<p>it is a little bit of a pain for us to be the ones to take care of the tv, but to me i would rather they have it than not. </p>

<p>she also has a tv in her room. she likes to study with tv on and always has, so, to me it is not a problem.</p>

<p>they also watch a lot of tv on their computers.</p>

<p>To clarify. There is “cable tv” in all the bedrooms. However you may need to bring your own “coaxial cable” to plug (screw?) into the outlet and into the back of your tv. You can buy a coaxial cable for under $10 at walmart, target, radio shack, etc etc</p>

<p>DS doesn’t much watch TV at home, so I doubt he’ll particularly want to have one at school. If he wants one, he can buy his own coaxial cable, LOL!</p>

<p>I think cable TV in the suites/bedrooms is free. There may be an upcharge for premium channels (I don’t know), but the basic offering is very good (has lots of channels). </p>

<p>Older son brought a TV the first year and never used it. He would use the shared one in the living room for Guitar Hero. Younger son just occasionally uses the “shared one” in his suite’s living room. </p>

<p>Now with flat screens, TVs don’t take so much room. The “big box” types used to take the entire top of the dresser.</p>

<p>DS brought a smaller (23"?) flat screen, ended up in his room. He uses it as an alternate monitor for his work and also some gaming/FB of course, but I don’t think he has ever watched TV on it. Ditto the longer coax cable, otherwise it limits your furniture arrangements.</p>

<p>Is wall mounting allowed for a small flat screen (say, 19")?</p>

<p>nope - unless you can mount it with command strips!</p>

<p>^^^
that would require holes in the walls…so, no.</p>