U. Chicago Class of 2027 Official Thread

What are her stats?

Sounds like your son is going to do great wherever is lucky enough to get him. The early decision trend is so upsetting to me. As a student I never would have been able to ED for financial reasons and I feel it is such an unfair advantage. Daughter waitlisted. Never know.

5 Likes

OOS son rejected. New it was a reach school, but is 2nd rejection today ( ouch )
We focus on the accepts, it’s a brutal process. Best wishes on any schools you’re still waiting on.

D23 Waitlisted

Sociology/Music

WGPA 4.474
WNA 102.035
Submitted SAT 1570, one sitting
Class rank 3 out of 250
Attending small public STEM high school in Atlanta Metro
16 APs plus Diff Eq and Multivariable Calc, AP seminar and research Capstone Diploma
Strong ECs, lopsided to music, volunteer flute tutor
National (including NYO2), International and State honors
Attended EMF, BUTI YAO and BUTI Flute workshops, many masterclasses
Winner of several concerto competitions and local Flute Club Young Artists competition winner
NPRs From the Top Fellow
Published Sociological research on underrepresentation in Classical music education and industry

Submitted her video interview and submitted music portfolio

3 Likes

Same for my D23.

Deferred from EA, not able to commit financially for ED, but it was one of her top 3.

1530 SAT, 3.99 UW, 10 AP’s, good ECs, did the video, creative writing sample, physics, and a nice LOCI.

The first rejection from a top choice is tough. Though she seems to be handling it well.

2 Likes

D waitlisted
ACT 35
4.0 GPA unweighted
Private school - chose a rigorous curriculum
Legacy
Competitive pianist with awards
Positioned herself as a philosopher-physicist in essays

1 Like

Did anyone get accepted?

It looks like the waitlisted and rejected list was released first!

There are two to three kids on Reddit saying they got in.

DS rejected. Deferred from EA and chose RD. Reach, but no longer one of his top schools anyway, so he’s handling ok.

4.0 UW, 4.7W, 1490 SAT, 34 ACT, focused ECs (music and theater).

3 Likes

Thank you. I agree about the trend in ED, and it seems to be getting worse. Not much we can do about it. Next week he’ll find out about his other top choice and I’ll be glad to have that one behind us so he can focus on his offers (or others yet to come).

Good luck to your daughter. Being waitlisted perhaps gave her some hope. She must be a strong candidate to get that far.

2 Likes

That’s the same with my son. It’s his first rejection but a tough one since it was one of his top choices. But he’s handling it well. We’re all ready for this long, drawn-out process to be over.

Son waitlisted as well. Very strong academics and exceptional rigor, 36, top rank, NMF etc. anyone here has an idea how to get off that waitlist to acceptance? How many do they accept out of waitlists?

2 Likes

They do not publish their waitlist stats in the CDS, just the general policy, it is an unrated waitlist and counselors cannot contact UChicago for more information about waitlist. :frowning:

https://data.uchicago.edu/common-data-set/

2 Likes

We know of two kids being accepted.

2 Likes

The stats do not make sense. So we have a bunch of parents and kids who are absconding from both Reddit and CC!?

DD got WL as well. We are not surprised or disappointed. UChicago is not her first choice even if she got in. Fingers-crossed for more good news in the next 3 weeks.

1 Like

My daughter was waitlisted as well

2 Likes

My kid was waitlisted also. Seems like the most common outcome here!

1 Like

Son waitlisted - UK boarding school, Scholar of the school (top student group out of class of 240) ACT 36 (first attempt), 11 IGCSEs at maximum grade 9, UK maths olympic team merit, County State chess team, 4 A* Predictions A level, Editor in chief of largest student paper in UK, President of History Society, President of Tutorial Charity Project, President of Investment Club, Seargent of Cadet Force, Latin background.

Yet stil waitlisted…very hard

1 Like

Son was accepted. Really pleased for him but, from looking at this list, not sure how they made their decisions. Good luck to everyone.

12 Likes