U. Colorado Class of 2027 Official Thread

Where was the college and major listed at in the portal? I’m trying to see if my dd has changed

4:45-5pm Mountain time (6:45-7pm EST for us). The first post with an acceptance on CC was at 4:47 Mountain time to be exact. lol

2 Likes

There is now an empty box where it used to be. Between the “Scholarship” and “Current Term” tabs.

ok yes its empty… ugh stress.

Empty is good I think. It’s a sign that they’re close to releasing decisions. You can no longer change your major because they’ve made a decision. At least that’s what I’ve gathered from reading last year’s CC thread.

I’m looking at last years thread… I didn’t see anyone post a deferral or rejection. I also seeing super high stats. UGH

Try to stay positive. In my experience it seems like a lot of parents on here post about their extremely high stat kids getting accepted. Trust me that the schools are not only looking for high stats. Many seem to care a lot about finding a well-rounded student. My son is not a super high stats kid and he’s been accepted to a lot of good schools already - Alabama, Indiana, Mich State, Penn State, Ohio State, Minnesota-TC, South Carolina. He was denied from Georgia. Georgia and UMich are both “lottery” schools for him and almost everyone, so that was expected. Honestly, Ohio State was a pleasant surprise. I’m only sharing this because I think it’s important to see keep in mind that people don’t seem to post rejections or deferrals either because they’re not proud of it and upset, or because the people on here are the highest stat types of families… Good luck!!! Stay positive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree with Memcam2927. The posts here are such a tiny sample of applicants that happen to trend toward high stat. Those of us that are not high stat shouldn’t be worried about the high stats posting their acceptances.

1 Like

Thats just it… with my 2021 it seemed like many schools looked at the transcript and test scores and weren’t really looking at the “whole child”. My 2023 has an insane amount of activities and leadership and community service. Its a big part of her world. Her stats are decent but not off the charts like I read on here. This is one of her tops so of course now we are stressing.

1 Like

Would them asking for mid term grades be worrying? The requirement just vanished like an hour after, and according to @Memcam2927, I’m pretty sure my empty box has been like that for like a week… so I’m not really sure if the mid terms grades were useful if the decision was already made.

Did you also get an email asking for them or was it just you randomly looking at the portal and saw it?

1 Like

randomly looking at the portal and saw it

when that happened the gold bars also disappeared but they’re back now

That’s strange. I wonder what would have happened if you didn’t see it?

probably would’ve gotten rejected or deferred

1 Like

My son was just accepted to Aerospace Engineering – OOS.

1 Like

just got deferred for AE - OOS

Congrats to him!!!

applied to Leeds, got accepted into arts and science. 3.8 GPA weighted, no test scores. OOS

In the spirit of this excellent post, high stat S23… accepted CU aero, rejected Purdue, deferred MIT. I think all schools have a minimum level of stats they seek, but above that other things matter more. I also believe that ‘minimum level’ is lower than people think at most schools. Otherwise, you would see the same high stats kids getting accepted everywhere… that is simply not the case. Exceedingly few kids get accepted to more than one ‘elite’ school.