U of A, chances at Honors College

<p>I am currently an AZ junior and I was wondering my chances of getting into the University of Arizona’s Honors College.
Also, (I don’t know if anyone will be able to answer this) how much scholarship $$ could I get? Just an estimate? I want to attend U of A’s College of Nursing when/if I get accepted. </p>

<p>A bit about myself:</p>

<p>Black, NOT African-American- Born in, and still am, a citizen of Rwanda, Africa. (I’m a legal resident of the U.S.)
so far:
3.96 GPA unweighted
4.35 GPA weighted
…if all goes well, I should have around the same GPA by the time I graduate.</p>

<p>ECs:
Drama club 3 years,
Tennis 2 years,
Speech and Debate
French Club,
next year I expect to be in NHS, and I will most likely hold a leadership position in Student Government in my senior class.</p>

<p>I havent taken any AP test or SATs/ACTs, but I plan on taking them by the end of the year.
Any help would be much appreciated! :)</p>

<ul>
<li>a bit more info: (idk if this matters AT ALL but…) I was born during the 1994 Rwandan Genocide. Maybe my family’s experiences will make for an interesting essay?
Ranked #5 in my Junior class of 600+, I have never been ranked below #6 so far…
& Finally, I was one of the fouding members of an Arts Advocacy group/non-profit organization striving to raise awareness of how important Arts Education is within AZ schools. I am Co-Treasurer for this group :)</li>
</ul>

<p>Easily into the honors college. If you do well on the SAT there’s a good chance you could get maxed out scholarships.</p>

<p>Awesome. </p>

<p>& would you by any chance know how tough it is to get into the College of Nursing?
I know you have to attend U of A for two years before you apply…</p>

<p>I know the accelerated full-ride program for people who already have BS degrees in other stuff is fairly hard to get into, but I don’t know how much difficulty there is getting into the normal program.</p>

<p>I hope you’re applying to Ivies…</p>

<p>Ivies?
I really don’t have any interest in them at all. Sure, I might apply to ONE but I think it would be kind of pointless to go to an Ivy for Nursing, ya know? And I highly doubt I will get amazing SAT/ACT scores that are required for them.</p>

<p>*thanks for the help UAKid, you’re awesome. :)</p>