U of Washington or Embry-Riddle

Hi there,

Before I got admitted to UW today, I have already decided to study in Embry-Riddle. However, I could not decide it now. Please give me some advice.

UWash: atmospheric science (at least a master could help me find a better job but the salary probably still lower than atc
Embry riddle: air traffic management (I could get into work field right after my college education, high-paid job, ohh and I decided to double major both atc and meterology

Thanks.

Which do you prefer?

You are not just choosing a school - you are choosing a life.

With Air Traffic Management will lead to one life; Atmospheric Science will lead to another.

If you want to be involved with aviation, then go to ERAU. If you want the traditional four year experience with sports and all the other stuff, then it’s UW but your odds of working in aviation will be much less.

Of course, costs and other things matter too.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Tbh, the reason why I chose these two majors was based on the salary and I thought that I might love to study so I could not completely sure which one I am interested in and would love to work for life. UW might be a better choice if I don’t hv a prefer one. However, before the uw offer released, I decided to double major both atc and meteorology in riddle so there’s two path in the future. I could reach a higher education for atmospheric science if I could not bear being an atc. If I went to uw and still want to be an atc, the only way is to transfer school and finish atc courses. BUT! If I am good at atmosphere, uw could provide abundant sources with advanced education! So, I still could not decide it:((

I go back to my previous message.

What do you want to do in life ?

If it involves aerospace, go to ERAU.

SAlaries for Atmospheric Sciences aren’t very high. It’s a looking at computer all day kind of career I think.

Up to you. You will work so it’s not just about $$. U want to enjoy what u do.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.