UA Business School - what do you think?

Would love to hear some perspectives on the quality of UA’s business school. UGA, Clemson, IU, etc have amazing facilities, talk about their high rates internships and placement, etc. But we didn’t see/hear a lot of that at UA, though love the school for many other reasons, so I’m hoping maybe we just had a not-great business school tour that day at UA and that there are some real-life experiences with people who think UA has a fantastic business program?

https://yellowhammernews.com/university-of-alabama-highlights-successful-fundraising-year/ Surprised they did not tell you about $60 million Hewson Hall, which will be completed by August of 2021. It will be a transformative facility for the Business School.

“Highlighting the successful 2018-19 fiscal year was the $30 million Hewson Hall Building Campaign benefiting the Culverhouse College of Business. Initially announced in September 2018, the campaign now has the entire $30 million committed for the project. Named in recognition of a $15 million gift from two alumni, Marillyn and James Hewson, Hewson Hall is projected to cost $60 million, with half of that funded by the University and the other half from charitable contributions.”

The tour was over a year ago, before the Sept 18 public launch of this - but thanks, really great to know!

Did you actually tour the business school with a Culverhouse Ambassador? Did you take an honors tour? Did you meet with any professors or sit in on any classes? It is an outstanding business school. They have a great placement rate for internships, tons of opportunities, and are actively investing in their business school. There is a strong and active co-ed business fraternity on campus and several top business societies/clubs. There are alums in all major cities, working for companies and firms all over the globe.

Thanks, bamamom. Yes, we signed up for the offered business school program/tour; as it was summer, we did not sit in on classes (I don’t recall that being offered, anyway). I think probably it just wasn’t a great tour that day for whatever reason and look forward to potentially going back to look again.

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20200204/largest-gift-in-ua-history-to-fund-business-and-athletics-departments Another big donation to UA Business School.

Thanks, I had seen that - very impressive!