UA Releases New Campus Master Paln

<p>[UA</a> releases new campus master plan | The Crimson White](<a href=“http://cw.ua.edu/2011/11/14/ua-releases-new-campus-master-plan/]UA”>http://cw.ua.edu/2011/11/14/ua-releases-new-campus-master-plan/)</p>

<p>anyone know which building is featured in the article? new or renovated building?</p>

<p>Are you talking about the artist’s rendering?</p>

<p>When I put my cursor over it, it say fergreno cropped. I don’t know if that’s short-hand for ferguson green area north side? Don’t know if that’s a proposed view of how that area will look after The Ferg is expanded and that parking lot becomes a green belt???</p>

<p>Sounds right. It looks good whatever it is. UA will probably post the new plan about a year from now. lol.</p>

<p>I sure hope that part about getting up to and beyond 35,000 students is years and years from now. </p>

<p>Part of what makes UA great is it’s small town feel. I don’t want to become an Ohio St or Univ of Texas like campus.</p>

<p>I think that the 35k number can be misleading. I don’t think they mean undergrads. I think it means growing the undergrad enrollment, the grad enrollment (including the B-school), and the law school enrollment. I think the plan is to also increase the number of med school students on campus. </p>

<p>Ohio State and UT each have 39,000 UNDERGRADS plus 13,000 grad students…that’s a different story. Having 40k undergrads is not the same as having 35k total students. </p>

<p>OSU and UT each have 52k students on campus.
UT has kids crowded into 425 acres. yikes! Bama has about 3x the acreage.</p>

<p>Also, Bama is in a mid-sized city…not cities like Austin and Columbus. T-town would never be like those 2 cities.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Yes, I think they plan on renovating and expanding onto the nicest buildings on the
Bryce land, and getting rid of the others. Looks like they are leaving plenty of space for another new quad. I wonder if those are “fill in” buildings will be residential or academic ones? I had read that the rec fields would be moved to the Bryce land, to allow for more development of the current rec fields. After looking at that map, it is hard to see how the Ferg will look like that pic we saw in the Crimson and White newspaper.</p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>I just realized that fergreno is just short for “ferg renovation”. So probably not on the north side…probabaly on the south side - including the SUPE store addition.</p>