UC application: Issue when filing in grades

Starting to fill in the UC application with my son. When putting in classes & grades we’ve run into some problems.

1. In 9th grade my son took 9th Grade HS English (Regulars) in 1st semester. Then in 2nd semester he moved up to Honors English. We can list each class separately but then it expects two grades for each class (a grade for 1st semester and a grade for 2nd semester in each of the two classes. It gives us an error if we leave a semester grade blank).
  2. My son’s school runs on a trimester schedule. However, for most classes two trimesters equates to a full year (e.g. “English 1-2” is a full academic year of English). So in general I think it is better to choose the ‘semester’ option for this high school. For AP classes they go all three trimesters rather than two. The issue I have with this how to enter all thre grades for AP class trimesters when the rest of the courses only have two grades?
  3. My son took Integrated Math 2B but not 3A. Then he took 3B and continued on from there. He had been given A’s in all Math classes through 3A and so he wanted to skip 3B in order to join the advanced Math track (he reviewed 3B on his own over Summer). Because the UC app bundles Integrated Math 3A&3B, my son has a blank spot for the grade in 3B. Even if he took it now (just to fill in this formatting gap) it would be in a different year and so the formatting gap would still exist.

I’m sure we will get these things worked out by Oct. I like the solid formatting of the UC application. We just have a few challenges in how my son’s grades are recorded that we will need to figure out.
Glad we are started on this process!
-Diego

There should be an option for Not Applicable. For example, very often Marching Band will be a one semester course, so the second semester will be marked with a NA.

Awesome! Thanks that will work (it didn’t look like N/A so I wasn’t sure if it meant something else).

@diegodavis: You can call the UC application center or email them. You want to get it right so it is better to get the information directly from the sources.

For General Application Questions

If you have a question about the application, call the UC Application Center at (800) 207-1710 (within U.S.) or (925) 298-6856 (outside U.S.) during normal business hours, or email ucinfo@applyucsupport.net.

UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302
(800) 207-1710 (within U.S.)
(925) 298-6856 (outside U.S.)
ucinfo@applyucsupport.net

Standard Operating Hours:

Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm PST
Saturday & Sunday - Closed

Since you are in-state, check with your high school to see how to report grades.