UC Applications.... question about GPA cut off

Hi,
I have a question or two that might not be able to be answered but here it goes.

My GPA is less that a 3.8 and my SAT score is 1280. On paper I realize that is less than optimal for applying to a UC Campus.
I do believe my personal story is quite compelling. I was diagnosed with autism at 33 months old. I have been though a lot in my life. I am proud of myself and my desire to attend college despite my disability should be recognized.

Question is: will they even read my essay replies if my GPA/SAT dont meet the general standard? Like will they look at those stats and just say “Next.”

I want honesty please. What am I up against?

Thanks
DS

Is that GPA your unweighted, UC GPA or something else? How rigorous are your classes?

Calculate your UC GPA both capped weighted and fully weighted:
https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

The UC’s will look at your whole application as long as you meet the minimum UC capped weighted GPA of 3.0 (in-state) or 3.4 (OOS).

A 3.8 GPA would put you above the average for UC Merced and within range for UC Riverside and Santa Cruz while your SAT score is within range for several of UC’s. Much depends upon intended major but I would definitely apply since you never know.

2019 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.25
UCSD: 4.23
UCSB: 4.16
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.13
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.90
UCM: 3.73

2019 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT totals:
UCB: 1340-1540

UCLA: 1330-1550
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1280-1520
UCD: 1230-1490
UCI: 1250-1510
UCSC: 1200-1450
UCR: 1130-1400
UCM: 1020-1290

UCR and UCM would probably take you… what is it about the UC system do you find appealing?
Have you looked at SDSU and the other CSUs?

I think it behooves everyone to refrain from commenting until the OP states clearly what his/her GPAs are, and how rigorous his/her coursework is, among other info. For example, a 3.8 unweighted for 10th and 11th grade is with plenty of AP courses potentially puts the student squarely in the running for most of the UCs. But a 3.8 fully weighted probably means something not quite as good. These chance me threads with vague information doesn’t have enough info with just bits of information here and there. Otherwise you’re just giving potentially misleading information.

@ProfessorPlum168:
OP’s stats from a July 12th post:

GPA of 3.8 is most likely the capped weighted UC/CSU GPA but asking OP to confirm. Looks like the original SAT of 1220 has increased to 1280.

I am sorry about that. I am new to this site.

I appreciate everyone’s answers. It appears that I don’t have much of a shot at a UC.
I value the truth. Thanks again

@DSzanyi: If you could confirm that your UC capped weighted GPA is 3.8 and your current SAT is 1280, then you still have a chance at UC Merced, Riverside and possibly Santa Cruz plus many of the Cal States so definitely not a lost cause. If you do not apply, you will never know. Posters are just trying to give you an accurate assessment of your chances by having all the correct information.