*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

I have never seen any UC rescind an applicant for not taking an AP exam and I have been on CC for the last 8 years. If you are unsure, I would email admission directly to confirm. UCB has always had in the provisional admission contract a statement about the AP exams, however this year they have included a form to send if you decide not to take any of the AP exams based on what was reported on the UC application.

check their instagram/twitter, they explicitly said cancelling AP wont affect admission

Thank you @Gumbymom I will contact admissions.

@ye2024 can you please let me know where you saw this statement? I guess I need to get on instagram or twitter now!

Correct, but make sure to fill out the form they requested. That was explicitly posted on their IG page.

Found itā€¦
https://twitter.com/CalAdmissions/status/1384186389026131979/photo/1

2 Likes

Crime at UCB: posting my sons emails for those still trying to decide like in the Usc thread. Mostly around the large nearby homeless encampment.

1 Like

Is the housing portal down for anyone??

Thank you for sharing the crime report emails. Is that information on crimes available to those of us who are not students yet, or can we subscribed to Berkeley WarnMe emails?

Thanks. It may be helpful to give a little context to these. I see 7 violent crimes listed there in a month. If you go through one by one, you can find that 2 are in or right around Peopleā€™s Park (like you mentioned), 2 other ones occurred after 1 am.
I donā€™t know how other campuses handle crime reporting, but UCB is very open and communicative about reporting crime around campus. The city is a lot of fun, amazing culture and food, the absolute opposite of boring.

4 Likes

No backpack yet LOL -

I havenā€™t even got an acceptance package yet and I committed in April! Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m an International student?

[xkinsella] UCSB Admissions sent beach towels and stickers so I was wondering if Berkeley would do anything. It doesnā€™t sound like anyone else got anything so probably a gift.

1 Like

Has anyone received a dorm assignment?

Not yet!

My son has some college credits so he sent that transcript a few weeks ago, even though he still has a few weeks of HS left. Heā€™ll send the HS transcript closer to the end of June.

His portal was updated today to reflect the transfer units, his class standing, college, major etc. No dorm or roommate assignment yet, however.

3 Likes

@CCayenne Do you know if the college sent an official transcript my mail or did an electronic transfer? Iā€™m just wondering because my daughter is a dual enrollment student and her college transcripts were mailed on May 5th, but the portal has not been updated.

It was sent electronically

On the CalCentral admissions task page AP Exam Results are Due by July 15. However, the AP wonā€™t have the results available until Wednesday, July 21, 7 a.m. ET according to the college board.

Any housing updates? The website says we would have been assigned a dorm by late May/early June. I havenā€™t heard back from them yet thoughā€¦

The housing website says " Newly-admitted freshmen will receive their specific move-in date in mid-June" so assume it should be soon.

1 Like