*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

So, I submitted my application saying I got a B in a college course when I actually got an A. I called the UC application center to get that updated, and they did not help me at all whatsoever. I sent UCLA a request to get that changed, and they changed it, or so I think as they sent me an email saying that they would fix it and to inform my other campuses, and I sent UCR an email and have yet to hear back. I also sent Berkeley something, but is it not allowed to be changed at Berkeley or UCR?

@annahebert: I would allow some time to hear back from admissions.

From UCB website: Q: Can I make changes (grades, courses, activities, personal insight questions, etc.) to my application after I submitted it?

A: Out of fairness to all applicants, only changes in critical information may be made to UC application data. This includes personal information, release authorizations, and some exam updates. To make changes to critical information, please log into My UC Application or contact the UC Application Center. If you contact the UC Application Center, please make sure to include your name and your UC Application ID number. Making these critical changes to your application will update the information for all of the UC campuses you applied to.

Please note that changes to your courses, grades, exams, activities, awards, volunteer work, employment, or personal insight questions are not guaranteed to reach us before your application is reviewed. However, minor changes are unlikely to have an impact on your admission decision.

For UCR, this form is listed on their website: Academic Update Form

Yes

I got the invite too today. Do you think it means something regarding admission??

Weighted capped UC gpa - 3.64 (I know, yikes)
SAT score - 1540
PSAT (junior year) - donā€™t remember but 96th percentile

AP Classes:
-Freshman Year
AP Human Geography: Score of 4
-Sophomore Year:
AP World History: Score of 5
AP Physics 1: Score of 3
AP Computer Science A: not being submitted
AP Environmental Science: not being submitted
- Junior Year:
AP United States History: 4 (prediction)
AP English Language: 5 (prediction)
AP Biology: 4 (prediction)
AP Calculus BC: 4 (prediction)
AP Physics C Mechanics: 3 (prediction)
AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism: 2 (prediction)
AP Spanish Language and Culture: 5 (prediction)
-Senior Year:
AP Phycology
AP Seminar
AP English Literature
AP Spanish Literature
AP Chemistry
AP Statistics
AP Government
AP Economics
AP Physics 2

Extracurriculars: Younger then grade level (will be 16 at time of graduation) thus internships/volunteering was limited due to age restrictions. Same thing with work experience.

• Arabic School Volunteering
  • Teaching math to elementary School students who donā€™t speak English
  • Possibly hospital volunteering this summer when I am of age.

Immigrant, first generation US college student, moving many times inside of the US including across states, low income family, couldnā€™t work bc of age/immigration papers, 16 at time of graduation

3 clubs sophomore year, none junior year (covid)

Significant improvement in GPA from sophomore year to 1st semester junior year to 2nd semester junior year

biochemistry or molecular/cell biology major, pre med route. Planning on applying to all the UCā€™s except for Merced and I am out of state. Thoughts on chances of admission?

I got a text message today about a class of 2025 Berkeley applicant group chat? Anyone one else get that text message too?
It says:
Hi (my first name)! Iā€™m (first name), a student at Berkeley. Thanks for applying! Join our group chat to meet other applicants! :slight_smile: https://ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– /______(censored)____

1 Like

I think a lot of UCB applicants got the text from a UCB student to join ZeeMee.

From Reddit, seems like one of ZeeMeeā€™s owners:

ā€œExit76: Hi, this does not mean you are accepted. ZeeMee is an official partner with UC Berkeley. One of their current students who works with the admissions team invited you to join the general chat for students who have applied. Itā€™s a great way to connect with other applicants and get all your questions answered from the admission team and the current student ambassadors! If you do get accepted, Berkeley will give you access to join their private chat channels for accepted students on ZeeMee.
Also a cool fun fact, ZeeMeeā€™s CEO and Head of Product are both Cal grads!ā€

1 Like

Ok thanks gotcha. I just want to rule out the possibility of it being a scam

1 Like

that zeemee gc is the most active out there, Iā€™m in it, thousands of kids in it

Its also listed on UCB website: https://admissions.berkeley.edu/student-advisors

What I am surprised by is that the admissions office will give phone numbers to another platform without applicantā€™s consent.

Oh ya, I didnā€™t think about that.

Lots of schools do it. I get texts all the time from schools telling me to join their applicant group chats too.

1 Like

Got email back from Berkeley Re Subject Test scores (yes it took them a month)
ā€œYes. We have access to viewing your SAT subject tests, and therefore you should submit the official scores if you are offered admission. We donā€™t to have the official scores now, but we will need to have the official scores to finalize your admission.ā€

Question for GMP applicants, Did anyone receive an interview?

1 Like

how did you receive the invite? Text or email?

I didnā€™t think that any of the California schools were considering or accepting SAT/ACT scores for admission purposes?

@jaycbee: This is the UCā€™s stance on SAT subject tests.

Recommendations for fall 2021 applicants SAT subject tests:
Remember, these are recommendations, not mandates. You will not be penalized for failing to take the SAT Subject Tests. On the other hand, submission of these test scores (just like submission of AP and/or IB scores) may add positively to the review of your application.

The regular SAT/ACT test scores will not be considered for admission purposes.

exactly what I thoughtā€¦ SAT and ACT test scores are not being considered for admission purposes. So no need to include it in your Bio here, b/c they arenā€™t being considered right?

SAT/ACT tests scores are not being considered for admission purposes but they may be used to determine your eligibility for the California statewide admissions guarantee (ELC), as an alternative method of fulfilling minimum requirements for eligibility or for course placement after you enroll.