*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

the past years they have come out on Friday early/mid feb, so maybe today or next Friday!

What exactly is Regents /MET. Sorry, I’m not really aware😅

Regents - UC Scholarship

MET - met.berkeley.edu

1 Like

If you applied for MET, did everyone who applied get the video essay?

Last year, email invites to apply for Regents were sent just after 3:30 pm PST on Friday, Feb 7. The email said, “decision updates have been posted to your application for admission at UC Berkeley”

hope a bunch of you guys get in today or next week or when ever regents come out! hoping people say in this discussion if they get would love to congratulate yall!!!

5 Likes

Heard that out of 3000 applicants to MET, 120 or so were interviewed last year (2020) and 50 were offered spots.

Yeah but this year there are no interviews, there are video essays. Do you know if they just autosent everyone a video essay or was there anything like a filtering process. And if you applied, did you get a video essay?

Don’t know if everyone got the request for video essay (look up separate MET thread). Modelled on Haas admissions process. I did get it. Got it done and sent.

1 Like

Did anyone receive a status update? It’s usually 3:30 pm pst when they release the results. If not then I guess it’s next Friday. If yes then I guess I didn’t get in.

Nothing here either. Will everyone receive an email update, even if you weren’t selected for Regents invite?

Dunno about regents, but in the last few years only admitted met students receive an update.

I do not have anything yet either. I think they say something like “you may have heard some people got in but most are still processing”

1 Like

Guess they are releasing the first batch next Friday then.

My daughter didn’t receive anything today either. Lets hope next week!

My son did not receive anything today either. Fingers crossed.

what major did you apply for? i applied for environmental science and didn’t receive a request

My friend had to do a MET video essay and his major was comp sci.

1 Like

Comp Science.

image This is from the UC Berkeley newsletter that they send out every few weeks

1 Like