UC Berkeley Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

me too

Iā€™ve seen in last yearā€™s trend that some people get ā€œunauthorizedā€ and some people get ā€œunrecognizedā€ when they logged into Cal Central.

I got ā€œUnrecognizedā€

I think theyā€™re the same thing, people just reported it differently because they read it wrong.

Anyone not get a 404 error when they press the housing link?

I did but idk if that is indicative of anything. Probably not

1 Like

Oops I meant that I did get the 404 error

I donā€™t think so, I only saw a few for ucla.

Do you mind if I ask which UCs stated they decided to admit fewer applicants this year? Thank you!

what day do you guys hope the first wave of acceptances off wl will come out?

Maybe Friday

Last year it came out on a Tuesday I believe.

UCSB and UCI stated they were admitting less applicants and both pulled from their waitlists.

Is this for Fall 2022 admission?

Yes, this is for Fall 2022 admission. There were 2 articles that were quoting UCI and UCSB administrators stating they will being overly cautious and admitted less Freshman for Fall 2022 and would make use of the waitlist if needed.

Here is one of the quotes:

Dale Leaman, UC Irvineā€™s executive director of undergraduate admissions, said the campus was ā€œsuper conservativeā€ in its initial admission offers this year. Thatā€™s because it overenrolled last year, after more students than expected accepted Irvineā€™s admission offer. This year, Leaman said, the campus will admit more students from the waitlist if needed.

Do you know if UCLA or Berkeley might have done the same thing? I heard they also overenrolled last year

The majority of the UCā€™s were over enrolled last year so it is possible they also admitted less students this year but no official word has been posted.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you! I appreciate all your help on the UC forums!

2 Likes

Thank you Gumbymom

1 Like

Any glitches?

1 Like