UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

That’s awesome @worriedmomucb ! Congrats to you and your DD!!

Actually, not necessarily - D23 has really fallen in love with USF. This will not be as easy a decision as she had initially thought. USF has a lot of great things to offer her (such as small classes, personal academic success manager, and the 6 year dual BA/JD program). We are still waiting on the financial aid package from USF, though - if she doesn’t get enough financial aid, that will definitely decide it for her.

But she has dreamed of Cal since elementary school. This was her BIG goal. She is over the moon with the news, even if it does indeed mean a tough decision ahead.

2 Likes

Does no decision right now mean rejection? I applied MET EECS+Biz and haven’t gotten anything

No. If you didn’t get MET you are still in the running for EECS.

1 Like

I think we also don’t know yet if all MET decisions (or all early decisions) are out?

Got it, and yeah I was more wondering what Tama said. Normally MET decisions came out all at once on the 2nd Fri of Feb(tomorrow) at 5:30. Considering its different now and I saw decisions from so few people I’m wondering if MET has rolled fully out and if me not having a decision now means rejection from MET rather than Cal itself.

1 Like

@gumbymom is the expert but I believe all MET admits will come out in this early wave. I don’t know if the wave is today, or today + tomorrow.

Last year I believe the GMP and MET decisions did not come out in the early wave but prior years yes.

1 Like

Are the decisions rolling today?

Sounds like the early admits are posting today based on 2 acceptances on CC so far.

1 Like

@Tim_96 what is your D’s major / program?

3 Likes

Any OOS or CS acceptances?

So are these early admits for any major or specific colleges?

Regents only?

Congratulations! For those in future years looking back, your daughter is local was asked for a LOR, is that correct?

And sharing what you posted in the UC Admit Rates thread before learning about her acceptance.

We also only have one honors course, and only 15 total offered AP courses (often with only one section so many students aren’t able to actually take many because they fill up quickly). I think that hurts our chances, but it is not new for our school, and hasn’t apparently been a problem in the past.

Early admits are from any major, any college, any residency and mainly High Stats and Regent invites. Previous years special programs such as MET, GMP and dual degree programs were notified early.

Edited: Looking back on the 2026 Discussion thread, I saw one MET admit last year. Nothing for GMP.

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct. We are local and she got an LOR request within a week of submitting her application.

5 Likes

For everyone worrying about not getting admitted today, I wanted to share that my D20 was a Regents candidate (ultimately had a horrible interview and didn’t get it) but wasn’t the most high-stat kid out there. In fact, that year there were a few Regents candidates who were similar. I think they are looking for more than just high stats…she has a chronic health condition that she talked about in her PIQs and was extremely dialed in with volunteering and community activism in her major area. Sounds like @worriedmommucb’s kid is very similar to my kid in that way. You still have a shot! D23 is waiting along with you all until the end of May.

4 Likes

Heard that Cal decisions came out today. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Only a few early admits have been posted. The majority of the decisions will be out at the end of March.

4 Likes

Yes, her acceptance is likely related more to her ECs than her stats - she’s held a lot of leadership positions related to her intended major and has done significant volunteer work.

3 Likes