UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Lol. I don’t even have a kid applying this cycle, and I am terrified and nervous watching the results roll in - I’ve got some friends on and off this forum all hoping for good news.

1 Like

appreciate the good thoughts!

UCLA is out.

3 Likes

Wow got rejected from UCLA too. Losing hope from UCB at this point lol.

4 Likes

same here, atp I desperately need a UC else I can’t afford to go to college, getting insanely worried

1 Like

this years been crazy. on the ucsd letter it says 130k apps for about 7k places. thats a near 5% AR. damn…

3 Likes

No, that is incorrect. ALL UC’s accept more students than enroll so their target Freshman class is 7,000 for UCSD. I would say they will admit around 18-20,000 Freshman depending upon their historical yield.

3 Likes

oh okay thats more reasonable

1 Like

Did anyone receive a letter from ucb regarding first year path?

Yes, several posters have stated they received that letter.

What dose this mean ?

It means that you can choose that pathway if admitted or you may be admitted directly into the FPF. Just informational.

1 Like

For those who didn’t get the news you were hoping for today, I am so, so sorry. I’m going to keep thinking good thoughts for you all that UCB is saving the best for last. It ain’t over til it’s over.

7 Likes

My twins didn’t get good news today, they are both engineering major and were rejected by 3 UCs today except Irvine put one of them in WL. We are so grateful though they both got accepted to UCSC in February, and one got accepted to Davis with scholarship and one got accepted to CSULB and Merced. College is just one step of their lives, we take it easy and stay positive. Nowadays mental health is becoming a major issue to a lot of kids who get too much stress :two_hearts:

16 Likes

same here, its very stressful day.

“This too shall pass”

praying for all kids to be happy always.

5 Likes

That is so kind of you!

You will end up where you are meant to be. Yes, there is such a thing. Ten years down the line, you will see it…

6 Likes

Life is not a competition.

Except for college admission, career, promotion, girlfriend…

1 Like

Gumbymom- So, did that letter go out to all applicants at UC Berkeley?

Only majors in the College of L&S will be offered the FPF pathway.

2 Likes