UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

From UCB website:

We will only guarantee a review of the primary major while alternative majors will only be used if space is available, for example, as we consider available space during the wait list process.

Ok.But if my primary major is capped, will I stand a chance to get into the alternative( not capped) major?

Alternate majors are a new option this admission cycle so I posted what UCB stated on their website. I would imagine it is up to the discretion of UCB if your alternate major will be considered since within the College of L&S they do not admit by major with the exception of High Demand majors this year. I guess when decisions are posted, we will find out.

Ok thanks for your patience! I only asked this because CS is my primary and Math is my alternative and I’m hoping to get into Math ( on the basis of my waitlist at UCLA).

1 Like

This is false. My daughter was accepted to Cal in Feb and just got into UCLA. She applied as a Psychology major.

Edit: Sorry, was replying to a person who thought one could only be accepted to either UCLA or Cal.

1 Like

no worries!

1 Like

Am I allowed a Berkeley vs X school post here?

If you want to compare schools you should start a discussion thread in the College Search and Selection Forum.

3 Likes

UCB along with CMU, NYU, UNC, USC, Cornell, Columbia, Penn now my only decisions left after getting rejected from ucla :sob:

2 Likes

@CaDadof3 - there is a false myth that the UC’s talk and coordinate so not all the same kids get into the schools. Many students get accepted to more than one UC and it is why the UC’s accept so many knowing that a huge percentage will not accept.

2 Likes

What is the acceptance rate for Bioengineering at UCB? @Gumbymom

1 Like

I do not have access to Cal answers so I am unable to post an acceptance rate by major for UCB.

However, I just found this posted on this discussion thread and it lists Bioengineering.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

More UCB housing news for those following the battle over People’s Park:

4 Likes

A short question: I applied for the MET program and got the video profile/interview invite, however, I didn’t get into MET.

I’m wondering if getting the invite means anything about chances for regular CoE (since I read that only a few get the invite).

1 Like

Somewhere in one of the UC threads I remember seeing your list of what each UC is looking for or how they read applications differently based on their mission or principles. Would you mind posting that again? I’m curious how UCB views applicants. Thank you.

1 Like

If you look at the first post of each UC discussion thread for 2027, you will find campus specific information listed. I do not want post all the UC’s information on this specific discussion thread. Also you can google each UC campuses mission to see the qualities that each school looks for in an applicant.

Here is the link for UCB: Freshmen Requirements - Office of Undergraduate Admissions

It breaks out requirements, selection process and holistic review.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Vent about UC decisions

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vent about UC decisions

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vent about UC decisions