UC Berkeley Class of 2027 Official Thread

Forgot, also admitted to UW Seattle. But likely going to Berkeley unless gets off the UCLA waitlist

@Julmarmc Luckily one application for all 9 UC campuses and 1 application for all CSU’s with no required writing. A couple of other colleges also didn’t require supplemental essays.

By the way, UCB’s acceptance letter has a really nice paragraph:
“[Name], out of more than 125,000 applicants, you stood out for your remarkable energy, curiosity and creativity. Your outstanding academic and personal achievements speak volumes for your potential here. You, your loved ones, and all those who supported you along the way have every reason to be around of your success-you did it!”

6 Likes

S22 got denied for ME
UW 3.97/W 4.4

Got accepted into UCD and UCSB (for alternate major), SDSU, Purdue. He has options.
Waitlisted: UCSD and SLO
Rejected: UCLA, UCI, UCB

1 Like

D23 Rejected to CNR. 3.85 uw, 4.15 capped gpa, 4.4 w, I think. 10 APs, 5s and 4s. Strong ECs though maybe more political/policy than science based. Has a great SLAC acceptance and other UCs in hand so … a bit surprising for me but she’ll be fine!

1 Like

Didn’t make it into CNR. Bummer but Claremont and their generous scholarship are looking quite good…

3 Likes

Accepted in-state!
4.0 UW, 11 APs, 3 post-AP math courses
AIME + prestigious music ECs/awards
Accepted: Princeton, Tufts, Boston College, UCSB (with Regents)
Waitlisted: UPenn, Barnard, Harvard, Columbia, NYU, UCSD, UCI, BU, Wellesley
Rejected: USC, UCLA, Northeastern

8 Likes

Congrats to everyone that got in and sending lots of love to everyone who applied. Crazy cycle this year for sure!!!

4 Likes

@Gumbymom How many applications and how many admits this year at Berkeley?

1 Like

My daughter was accepted UCB last year seeds program with upto 10,000 dollar scholarship.
She was asked to submit 1 recommendation letter no essay .

3 Likes

They changed the procedure this year for SEED. I was invited for Group 1 this year cause I was an early admit.

There were 2 LORs I had to send along with 2 supplementals. (EDIT: I think they changed it for Group 2 cause I am certain I was given instructions to send LORs and now I can’t find them.) There was also an interview component but I was filtered out before those happened and wasn’t given one.

I talked with some current SEED Scholars and nothing but rave reviews from them so you should definiely do it if you have received an invite.

Wow!!! Please accept my heartfelt congratulations to you, your son and your family. Seeing another prospective physics major fills me up with joy!

1 Like

Anyone from India got into EECS?

1 Like

125,874 Freshman applicants but admitted numbers usually will post once they clear the waitlist.

Last year they had 128, 210 applicants and admitted 14,522

1 Like

Damn, I am really shocked and bummed about that. But Claremont is fantastic - so congrats to her on that! But a bit disappointed she won’t be with my daughter at CNR - I bet they would have loved each other. They sound so much alike.

1 Like

Congratulations to all the admits. For the rest of the applicants, although the decision may have not been in your favor, I see so many great options for you. Remember where you go for Undergrad will not define you, it is what you do with the opportunities you are given that will make you successful. Good luck to all on this exciting next step.

8 Likes

Congrats to everyone who got in yesterday! And for those who didn’t get the news you were hoping for, I am so sorry. I’m sure the feelings are still raw - rejection is never easy - but they will soon dull and you will move on. Hopefully you have another college choice you’re excited about, or will be excited about soon. If not, and you are determined to attend a UC, make sure you look into the TAG program and other transfer options. It’s going to be OK. It really is, even if doesn’t feel that way right now. In the grand scheme of your life, this is a small blip.

Well, I am going out of country and offline for the next two weeks - so see you all towards the end of April. Hopefully we’ll have fun things to discuss - my daughter, who applied only to colleges within commuting distance because she was determined to live at home - is now considering dorming for freshman year (to meet people and get a more college-y experience). Go figure. So we’ll certainly be looking for dorm advice in the near future - this hadn’t been on my radar screen at all!

7 Likes

Decision: Admitted

Major: Environmental Science/CNR

GPA: 3.90/4.29/4.71

12 APs/4 DE

Senior course load:
AP English
AP Environmental Science
AP Physics 1
AP Stat
AP Gov
AP Econ
DE Calc 1/Calc 2

ELC: Yes

EC: Club president, 4 years Lacrosse, NHS officer.

DEMOGRAPHICS:
In-state LA area public HS
Applied for need-based financial aid? no
First Generation? no

Accepted: UCR, UCSC, UCD, UW, UCI, UCB
WL: UCSB, UCSD, UCLA

Reflection
Good, not great rigor (no AP Physics C or Math beyond Calc), average AP scores. Strong senior courseload, upwards grade trajectory from freshman year. Decent PIQs and ECs

As an alum, I’ve dreamed of the day one of my kids attend Cal. Beyond ecstatic, Go Bears!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the twins!! My daughter got accepted too into GMP @ HAAS. Go bears!

3 Likes

My daughter went other school last year.
I think my daughter didn’t need it. Since she got a letter for2, teachers recommendations from Berkeley as soon as she applied. But she didn’t send one . And after she got in , the admission letter aaked one more letter and suggested to give her $ 10,000 research scholarship. She ended to go other school. Her sister went Berkeley with math major. She is working McKinsey company . The company is great with high wage if success good projects then gets more than$ 300, 000

1 Like

Yes, for Group 2 it’s 2 essays but no recommendations which is good because we are on spring break and I would feel terribly asking my teachers to write a new rec with such a quick turnaround. I’m debating but will probably apply just to keep my options open. I’m still deciding where I want to go next year and I also have a job lined up for the summer so I’m not sure the SEED Scholar program would work since it looks like you have to come for the summer before. Thanks for the info!