UC Berkeley Fall 2021: Transfer Waitlist Thread

we’re looking at a rejection anytime now

why are u assuming it’s a rejection! u have high chances of getting in love

1 Like

a lot of transfers were accepted off the waitlist at this time last year. i think it’s just hard to tell with how unpredictable each year can be especially with covid in the mix. things may have looked more hopeful last year because students didn’t want to commit to a big university just to still be learning from home. regardless of when the decisions do come out i really don’t believe they would ultimately reject everyone in the end, they HAVE to admit at least some students bc obviously not everyone admitted in april said yes.

be hopeful! you worked hard and the waitlist is an accomplishment in itself. you’ve proved to admissions that you’re a great candidate so look at it as if you’re already halfway there.

5 Likes

whoever got off the waitlist, tell us RN

Will the school a least send an update on the result or if they are extending the release date ?

1 Like

what do you mean? have people started hearing back?

yea apparently someone called the AO today and they said that a wave had already been sent out this month but personally, i don’t buy it because nobody on discord/reddit/cc/word of mouth heard about anyone getting off

disappointed about their attitude toward us wl students, not even send any updates or messages

2 Likes

yeah i personally haven’t heard of anyone hearing back yet

We need someone who make a call for checking what is happening right now.
Are we done or there is a chance.

I’m fairly certain that the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is closed as of now. Based off the 2020 Transfer Waitlist Thread, we might get a notification at midnight, July 1st.

That’s interesting. I called an AO today and she said that they were only admitting a handful amount of students off the waitlist this year. I’m absolutely confused about this bc I’ve been getting mixed answers from them :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If they claim to be admitting only a handful, we can expect very few of us to get off. In short, don’t hold your breath for this one.

So… no hope?
We all gonna rejected by tomorrow’s notification??

Agreed. The AO also told me they were admitting students on a rolling basis, but I’ve heard absolutely nothing from anyone online.

Yeah idk a single person who got off. If they are misreporting the numbers thats not a good sign lol.

1 Like

So I just got an email, “ At this time we are unable to offer you admission to UC Berkeley, but in the coming weeks there is a possibility of additional spaces becoming available. We anticipate notifying all students of their waitlist status by the end of July 2021.” This is ridiculous

Hoping some of you got better news

i got the exact same email. i wish they would just tell us the decision lol

I got the same msg to wait until the end of July but it looks like waitlisted first years who received the same msg a few weeks ago - most were notified rejection today? I don’t typically operate on assumption, but are transfers supposed to expect a similar decision? If so, why delay the inevitable?