UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

did you receive an email notification?

I just an email from ucb about update to my portal. Could this be a rejection notification?

Intl’, l&s

2 Likes

I don’t believe rejections are notified in email. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: go for it?

when do you guys think the next wave will be

any in state l&s get off

^^ also did you guys get off for your first choice or alternate choice? thank you!

how did it go?

I got in! oos Intl’, CoE

6 Likes

As an alternate major

2 Likes

Congrats. What were your primary and alternate majors?

anyone got in l&s? if so, are you oos, intl, or in state?

I know UCB has not asked for mid year report or anything else. Does sending the updated grades or the school counselor calling to advocate for student help at this point?

If UCB did not ask for the Mid-year report or Counselor report when opting into the waitlist, do not send any other documentation.

In order to express your interest in our campus and to share more information for consideration, you may opt-in to the waitlist, by April 15, 2023.

Congrats! Which school will you withdraw now?

Yes - they just had an opt-in with some questions that you confirm. If you were to send in transcript - is that seen as a negative or just ignored?

UCB will ignore any documentation sent that they did not as for originally. It may be seen as a Negative but I do not work in admissions. All I know is they do not need to deal with anymore paperwork than they already have. There is a reason that they no longer ask for a waitlist essay/ statement for this year.

I see. So a counselor to teacher calling to strongly advocate for a student will also be seen as a negative I am guessing.

The UC’s do not consider an applicant’s level of interest so unless a counselor has some kind of special influence with admissions, it could be a negative.

Officials say their selections are generally a continuation of the regular admission process, with consideration given to students’ original scores from application readers and whether their intended areas of study fill enrollment holes that year.

admissions director, said waitlisted students should not submit letters of continued interest, a declaration to accept an admission offer or a pledge to defer enrollment for a year — actions commonly suggested by college consultants to boost admission chances — because the campus won’t consider them.

1 Like

anyone hear about appeals?

1 Like