UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

not authorized. but still able to withdraw. I’m an international attending an out-of-state US highschool. I’m guessing they haven’t made any decision for students like me?

what major are you applying for if you don’t mind me asking?

is there time for my waitlist astrology to change before the wave?

mine is asking me to create, and I see unauthorized not for bidden, but I can still see withdrawal

for those who are receiving forbidden, did you opt in for the FPF?

Yea I did

FYI

^^^ according to this message, for the RD round at least, the SIS indicator was not necessarily valid/accurate

we’ll see!

1 Like

how much should i trust this. i don’t have any of these except i am still able to withdraw. should i expect to not be in the wave or acceptances

Honestly we don’t even know that there will be a “wave,” so first and foremost I hope you can spend most of your time being excited about the school you planned to attend as of May 1. Last year the acceptances from Cal were around 1% so please don’t get too wrapped up in signs within the portal or any other part about this process.

2 Likes

yes, but if i have none of these indicators, should i expect not to get i

We do not know if the portal astrology will correctly predict waitlist movement. However, if you have none of the positive indicators, portal astrology would suggest that you are still waitlisted.

Have you read this post from the Georgia Tech admissions blog? It’s a good one. What To Do If You're Waitlisted

I’m just here on the portal astrology thread because I’m curious. My son really likes UCB, and at one time it was his first choice… but at this point, he has learned a lot more about the opportunities available at the school where he has committed, and is very excited about what awaits him there. I’m not sure if he would choose UCB at this point, even if admitted.

Try to focus on the school where you are committed. If you need help finding things to love about that school, you could post a new thread in the school’s forum. I’m sure that some posters would be able to help you find things to get excited about!

3 Likes

I got the email notification that I got off the waitlist…

1 Like

congratulations! what school did you apply into? L&S or a different one

historically, has there been multiple waves or times they have released waitlist decisions, or is it usually just one day

Congratulations!
Did the portal astrology work for you? As in, did you see forbidden instead of unauthorised?

1 Like

the portal astrology worked - I saw forbidden and FTT. I applied to COE. Now I am torn between UCLA and CAL

2 Likes

does anyone new have the indicators yet? for the second wave

nope, do you?

1 Like

nope

for those who just got off the l&s waitlist, is there anyone who did NOT opt into FPF?

1 Like