UC Chances

<p>Hi guys, I would appreciate it if you were able to chance me for the UC campuses.
UC- 3.91 W
SAT- 2080 (Planning on retaking)
ACT- 31 (Planning on retaking) I went in without a single </p>

<p>Taken: AP World History, AP Biology, AP Psychology (self-studied), AP US History, AP Spanish </p>

<p>My schedules have always been vigorous and I’ve always taken the hardest classes possible. Last year I had 5 accelerated classes: 3 APs and 2 honors.</p>

<p>Current Senior Schedule: AP Government, Physics, AP English, AP Calculus BC, Journalism, AP Psychology online -just to get school credit and get a grade boost</p>

<p>EC:
Habitat for Humanity President 12th grade and 2nd semester of Junior Year
Habitat for Humanity Treasurer 1st semester of Junior Year
I was also part of the creation of this club and it has become one of the biggest clubs on campus while I was president. </p>

<p>Speech and Debate member for all 4 years. Extremely active and I’m planning on getting one of my letters of recommendation from my coach who is also my physics teacher.</p>

<p>Hospital Volunteer during my junior year. The program had to end prematurely, but I might be volunteering with another branch of the same hospital this year as well. </p>

<p>Indian Club Member for 3 years. Treasurer this year. </p>

<p>I worked and volunteered as a head counselor at the local table tennis center for two summers in a row. The first year was volunteering and the next was a paid job. </p>

<p>My UC Gpa was a 4.31 until second second semester of junior year. I had personal problems during second semester and ended up getting a 2.89 UW. I plan on addressing these issues during the additional comments section of the UC application, however I’m worried that I’ll get rejected because of the gpa drop. So far into this semester of senior year I have kept my gpa up and am taking 3 AP classes along with one AP class online as well. </p>

<p>I checked the freshman profiles on the UC website and my UC gpa is higher than UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside, and UC Merced, so I was wondering if I even have a chance at the following schools because my gpa before second semester was high enough to get into berkely :(</p>

<p>UC Berkeley
UC LA
UC San Diego
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Santa Barbara</p>

<p>Thank you in advance :)</p>

<p>I think Berkeley and LA would be a bit of a stretch, but not completely out of reach. UCSD may be a bit difficult to get into, but not too bad. UCD, UCI, and UCSB shouldn’t be too much of a problem for you. You never know what the adcoms are looking for though. Just finish out senior year strong and write some strong essays/personal statements. Just remember the GPAs listed on the websites are AVERAGES; there are people attending these schools with GPAs lower than the ones listed on the website. If your GPA isn’t quite “there,” don’t worry, it’s not game over. Good luck in your apps!</p>

<p>I agree with the above. If you can address the bad semester in additional comments and crank out good essays you might be okay. I think UCB and UCLA will depend on your retakes. Good luck!</p>

<p>I agree - LA and B are a stretch. San Diego and Davis should be OK but, as competitive as they are, I can’t say 100%. The others should be no problem. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>