UC Davis Class of 2027 Official Thread

Waitlist admits usually start after the May 1 SIR deadline. If spots open up prior to that date, then UCD can pull from the waitlist. Last year there was one wave of admits on May 5 and the waitlist closed on June 10. Check out the waitlist information on this discussion thread: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/uc-davis-freshman-class-of-2027-waitlist-appeal-thread/

1 Like

SLO decisions came out already?

1 Like

I am asking her mom, but it seems like it was at least a week later.

3 Likes

Only admits came out this afternoon for SLO. Waitlist and Denials will come later.

Yes. Only who got accepted received their decisions today.

1 Like

We got Denial from UCD today
Environmental Science UC Weighted GPA = 4.04

I edited my post but her mom told me she did indeed have it in her portal on acceptance day. :slight_smile: She just did not look for/see it until her mom returned home from a trip and helped her sort through things. So probably it should be in the portal today with acceptances.

4 Likes

Decision: ACCEPTED
Merit scholarships awarded (if any):
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: SOCIOLOGY

ACADEMIC STATS::
UC Unweighted GPA: 4.0
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.27
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.33
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes, both

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 41
Number of UC Approved Honors courses:none at HS
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 9 , 2 DE
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses):

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): None

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: Music (Leadership)

Job/Work Experience:

Volunteer/Community service:

Summer Activities:

Personal Insight essays (details):

Supplemental/Augmented Review: No

DEMOGRAPHICS::

State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): CA, El Dorado County

Country (if international applicant):

Applied for need-based financial aid NO

First Generation: NO

REFLECTION::

Strengths: Commitment to music

Weaknesses: Fewer APs due to 2 music classes/year

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied: Accepted: SDSU (early), Cal Poly, Utah (Honors), Arizona (Honors), Colorado Boulder (Honors), Oregon (Clark Honors), UMass Amherst (Honors), MSU (Honors), UW

2 Likes

Are financial aid/awards supposed to be out already? On my admission, it has a quick blurb about how I won an Aggie Scholarship, and I know others that know they’ve received Regents/Aggie/other scholarships. I also know a few that can see grants and loan offers too, with specific financial amounts.

However, there is no information for me personally in the MyAwards page under 2023-2024. I’ve checked all of the “requirements” that they needed me to agree to, but the summary and awards are still empty.

2 Likes

Decision: Waitlisted :pensive:
Merit scholarships awarded (if any):
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Molecular and Medical Microbiology

ACADEMIC STATS:
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.89
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.11
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.67
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 45
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 13
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 3 AP (4s), 13 dual enrollment
Number of IB courses/exams (score in parentheses): N/A

Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): 2nd at HOSA International Leadership Conference and 1st at HOSA State Leadership Conference

SUBJECTIVE:

Extracurriculars: Medical Internship at top medical school, Research Internship at T5 (undergoing the publishing process), attended a Molecular Medical Workshop, HOSA (w/ leadership role), Science Olympiad, Hospital Volunteer (100 hrs), Math Tutor (100 hrs)

Personal Insight essays (details): don’t really wanna go that much in detail but at least 8.5/10

Supplemental/Augmented Review: No

DEMOGRAPHICS:
State/location of HS (if domestic applicant): CA
Applied for need-based financial aid: NO
First Generation: NO

REFLECTION:
Strengths: ECs (spike in major)
Weaknesses: UW GPA

Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/denied:
Accepted: UCSC, UCR, UCM, Penn State
Waitlisted: UCD

Accepted OOS Biology
Female, 4.0UW, 4.3W - 5 APs, 4 honors, 2 DE
Girl Scout, piano ensemble, camp counselor, science mentor, science club, intern at local hospital, HOSA, summer jobs, National Honors Society.

Right now Davis and Penn State are frontrunners but waiting for other UCs

2 Likes

We are also shocked. My son is also waitlisted for mechanical engineering he is ranked 1/585 and went to UC Davis - COSMOS engineering program this past summer. Took all STEM AP courses at his high school.
As for “yield protect” my older son was rejected from UC Davis in 2020 with 4.7 and ACT 34. He was accepted at UCLA. So we are hopeful the same for my younger son. Waiting on pins and needles for the next couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Time to wait for transfer admissions :disappointed:

1 Like

Accepted!!!
4.4 UC
12 aps

Ecs: dropshipping, parents business, friends nonprofit, chess club

2 Likes

Not going to be a surprise considering her stats, but wanted to add to the thread …

Daughter got denied today. 3.24 uw, 3.43 weighted, public school in SF

Pandemic and distance learning was brutal for her, straight A’s to Cs, Ds, Fs. She was accepted into San Jose State, so very glad for that.

Best wishes to all!

D23 Accepted!

Major: Chemical Engineering
4.0/4.6 GPA
School has no APs but took all honors and 19 college credits at community college
In-State/OOS/International: In-state
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes
Extracurriculars: Cello, played at Carnegie Hall, went to State championships for her sport, summer research programs at a UC
Job/Work Experience: Math Tutor, interned at a medical office
Other: Founded/president of 2 clubs, School District student advisory board member, National Merit Finalist

1 Like

Accepted OOS for computer science :blush:

6 Likes

You have to establish residency by a certain date a year before the following school year. My daughter goes to Long Beach and in order to get in state tuition for the fall of 2023, she had to establish residency by Septemebr 19 of 2022. She had to have a drivers license, change of address, bank account established in CA, voter registratioon, pay taxes in California. And her school address wouldn’t do it. She lived with her father in Illinois and I am a resident of California for several years. She could get in state tuition from my status her first year but she had to establish her own for sophmore year and beyond. As stated by others, check carefully how to establish residency. Moving to California now for example, would not get you in-state tuition for fall of 2023.

2 Likes

D23 accepted to Sustainable Environmmental Design today! Also acccept to SLO.

1 Like

Also accepted to U of Oregon, UHM, UCSC, SDSU early, CalPoly Pomona, UCR, UCM, ASU.