UC Davis Class of 2027 Official Thread

You seem to be a perfect candidate for Animal Science! I saw that the transfer acceptance rate at UCD for that major is 77% so maybe the odds are good you’ll be admitted off the waitlist. Did you apply at Cal Poly SLO too?

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

I noticed UCD also stated they didn’t have my DD’s FAFSA but she did submit by the “priority deadline” of March 2nd. Not sure what’s going on there. It’s listed as one of the 10 schools but my understanding is that all schools can log in and see the SAR (ISIR) regardless of whether or not the school is listed on the FAFSA.

1 Like

@carpgirl142 is an OOS applicant and the transfer rate was 75% for Animal Science and Management and 71% for Animal Science for California CC transfers. OOS transfers get the lowest priority when applying. If OP was a CA resident then the CC to UC transfer via TAG would be an excellent option. Hopefully @carpgirl142 you will get admitted off the waitlist but you do have several good acceptances. Best of luck.

1 Like

Thank you; I didn’t notice the applicant was OOS when I replied.

2 Likes

Did anyone get regents?

I saw 2 posters stating they got Regents.

2 Likes

If Honors Program wasn’t offered with acceptance, does that mean they are not eligible? Or do they “invite” some students later?

1 Like

I have not seen anyone post about the invite for the Honors college but all Regent recipients are automatically invited at time of admission. You have to remember only a small percentage of applicants will post on CC so you might want to take a look at another social media website. Also I would give it a week in case they are behind with the invites.

1 Like

How do students receive the invitation to the Honors college? We assumed that it would be in the portal along with the admissions offer (so we assumed S didn’t receive it).

In the past, the invite was on the bottom of the acceptance page. You might want tag @lkg4answers whom could have more information or message one of the Regent scholarship recipients to see if the invite was there @homeschoolmom1. Sorry I cannot be more help.

2 Likes

Question about Aggie day for those who have been.
We’re on the East Coast and flight options into Sacramento suck. We’ve only got redeye for the way home. Is there a reason to hang around until Sunday night (meet up with other prospective students for dinner on Saturday, walk the campus more on Sunday day)? We don’t want to miss any opportunities, but otherwise leaving Saturday night (11pm) makes more logistical sense than Sunday.

Thanks!

1 Like

My child received Regents in 2020 and it was at the bottom of the acceptance screen. That year, acceptances came out on March 12 and the UHP email was sent on March 16. On March 25, an email titled, “View and Accept Your 2020-2021 Financial Aid through MyAwards” was received. None of these emails mentioned the Regents scholarship. It was only visible by logging onto the portal and viewing MyAwards.

4 Likes

Personally, I think flying home on Saturday will be fine. There is a lot happening on Aggie Day. Are you able to fly in a day earlier to explore?

What type of merit? Regent?

Thanks so much! We’ll plan enough time to explore Davis a bit. I appreciate all the logistically experienced parents on this forum :grinning:

Based on the amount stated and I believe OP is OOS, it is probably the Provost Scholarship which is $13K+/year.

1 Like

thank you! i really am hoping to get into ucla or sdsu, they are my other 2 dream schools! my other friend who applied for the same major as me but has significantly lower stats and extracurriculars got accepted and i am extremely proud of them. this is probably a sign that davis was not for me!

Notification for both the Regents and the Honors Program were down below the acceptance. We didn’t scroll down and so missed it at first!

3 Likes

Thank you for confirming the information.