UC Davis Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’ve not heard them (UCD, UCI, UCSD and UCSB) referred to as the Group of 4 either.

I’d speculate that maybe someone is borrowing the term from college football where the next tier down of D1 conferences, below the Power 5 conferences, are called the Group of 5. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

The three tiers/grouping of the UCs is mentioned in several videos on youtube. here is a link to one of many similar videos: Everything You Need to Know About the UC Schools - YouTube
The tier list is at 1:57 time stamp.

2 Likes

accepted for anthropology!
w: 5.20
uw: 4.0
ib full diploma student/ap student
extracurriculars: girl scouts since kindergarten, weekly volunteering at elementary school, work experience, school academic award, campaign manager for school’s election, club vice president

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada: My daughter will be signing on Aggie Day for Global Disease Biology. She’s so excited! Her top choice by far!

4 Likes

Is there a benefit to signing in Aggie Day? Orher then how amazing it would be???

Pre-pandemic they had places where you could commit in front of Instagram type backdrops. Staff threw confetti in the air, they cheered and clapped, etc. During the pandemic, everything went remote. Last year they brought in a new director of admissions. Not sure what he has planned for Aggie Day but I’m sure there will be some fanfare.

1 Like

No, she just wants to do it there. We fully support this. :grinning:

2 Likes

It seems like a full day of fun and exciting activities, from the options in the registration!

Sorry, I meant that there would be some sort of fanfare for students who SIR at Aggie Day. Whether one already committed, will commit there, or is undecided, Aggie Day is well worth attending.

2 Likes

Last year my D committed on Aggie Day and it was back to pre-pandemic confetti & photos with backdrop:)

3 Likes

Be sure to stop by the booths at the Major Fair if she has any questions about her specific major or others. Last year my D spoke with faculty about adding a second major (which she just did in her 2nd quarter) and chatted with students at the Design table who just happened to be in the club that she had an interest in so that sealed the deal for my D and we walked straight to commit afterwards lol. (She just got selected to be on the Board of that club as a freshman so she’s super excited to be collaborating with 3rd & 4th years!)

3 Likes

I love it! I want my daughter to do the same! It’s been her #1 choice since the beginning and iv head hotels booked for Aggie day for a couple months! She’s going up with her high school Robitics team next weekend for competition!

3 Likes

Damn. Spellcheck much? Uggg

FYI There is an “edit” button (I’ve made a LOT of use of it lol)

1 Like

Excited about Aggie Day :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

My son got this today by Mail, he doesn’t know what it is

4 Likes

Congratulations it means he has been selected as a Regents scholar, one of the most prestigious merit awards for UC Davis.

This honor is awarded to specially selected freshmen. It is a $7,500 scholarship, which may be accompanied by a stipend for those with demonstrated financial need. These scholarships are renewable as long as the student maintains a 3.25 grade point average and remains in good academic standing. For more information about the award, please review the Regents Scholarship website.

2 Likes

But he didn’t see the scholarship in his financial aid package

1 Like

Congrats to your son.
Do you mind sharing his stats, applied major and ECs?

It was not listed under the Myawards tab on the student portal?

1 Like