UC Davis Class of 2027 Official Thread

5 Likes

Saw this on Reddit.

Interesting that there is no date in the announcement :slight_smile:

So decisions will be out on 10th afternoon. Does anyone know the time decisions are announced?

1 Like

I think last year the decision came out at 3pm.

1 Like

Happy Cake Day!

2 Likes

I work there. But not in admissions.

2 Likes

When the decision announcements come out this Friday, will they be the denials as well?

UC Davis posts all decisions at once so acceptances, waitlist and denials. Also this Friday is not confirmed since no specific date was given on the announcement posted on Reddit.

5 Likes

Frankly, that Reddit post looked suspicious!

1 Like

There is a school counselor on the College Admissions Experts Facebook page that said she received the email yesterday.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/collegeadmissionsexperts/permalink/10161179656885087/

6 Likes

Hello! I have a quick question. For the housing options, are you able to pick the residence hall you would like to live in (if you’re doing a double). Or is it given randomly?

My kids counselor was notified yesterday from UC Davis that it is on Friday.

5 Likes

Wonder why UC Davis cannot send a simple email to students like everybody else. It’s mind-boggling how these schools can complicate simple things!

5 Likes

Davis release accepted, rejected and waitlisted all at the same time for at least the last 3 years.

You cannot select Building/Hall only double/triple etc…. Also you can select a Living Learning community but location is not set until how many students are interested in each LLC. Only Honors has a permanent location in Tercero/ Currant Hall.

2 Likes

All decisions on the same day for the last 13 years since I have been contributing to CC.

6 Likes

I currently have a first year at Davis. No you cannot choose a specific residence hall, you can only request a double or triple. Just FYI most freshman are housed in triples regardless of what you request. You can also request a Living Learning/Shared Interest Community but these are not guaranteed either.

2 Likes

If you know someone(s) that you wants to be roommate with, you may provide the name(s) on the application. Otherwise, it is pretty much random.

6 Likes

Last year the kids were not able to give a reference of location. They were able to place a preference for occupancy, single/double/triple but very soon after submitting the housing my daughter received an automatic email stating that 70% of assignments were to be triples.

3 Likes