UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

For what it is worth, in 2020 my sibling got the Davis email around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 12th. The email had the decision in it–no portal checking was necessary. However, that does not mean the portal did not change before the email went out.

2 Likes

What time zone is the 4:30?

Pacific.

I’m hearing crickets :smirk:

4 Likes

Will it be 4.30 PM today?

1 Like

Is that 4:30P Pacific Time?? My D portal still says “Pending Review”

2 Likes

Same and yeah he said pacific

ok thank you…

Not to be a spoilsport but what does the website update have to do with decision release? They could be updating the website today in preparation for a release tomorrow.

2 Likes

No problem

I soooo miss the envelopes in the mail. You didn’t even have to open them to know whether you were in or not. This whole waiting and logging into a portal thing is brutal. I had a nice big envelope from UCD. Seeing another one in my mailbox all these years later would be awesome.

12 Likes

pretty sure they still send it like afterward. my cousin got a pretty dope package from uc san diego last year

3 Likes

They do! But you can also check your status online now, which causes stress for sure because it’s just one webpage away. It’s tempting to constantly refresh your screen.

Agree. I noticed that website earlier this morning. It didn’t ‘just’ update. Decisions are definitely coming, and I hope very soon, but unclear if the update means in the next hour.

7 Likes

What time does it usually release?

1 Like

Have they ever released past 2 30? If not, it will pretty much just release tomorrow right

I think it was Thursday last two years.

Ugh I thought it was 2:30 PST! I am in EST and counting down the minutes…will be so disappointed if it’s another 2+ hours.

I think more likely after 430pm pacific time.

5 Likes

Absolutely! They updated it in preparation for admission decisions. Some of the other UCs have updated their websites this week as well.

I think the video welcoming new Aggies was posted to Twitter or IG.

2 Likes