UC Davis or UC San Diego

I got waitlisted by UC Davis, it has always been my number 1 school because I am planning to enter their Veterinarian school. I want to study animal biology there, however I got accepted into UC San Diego college John Muir to study biochemistry. I’m starting to like UCSD. What are your thoughts on each school?

I’m a current UCSD student and I love it here. The campus is beautiful and unique, the academics are awesome and the surrounding areas are gorgeous. I attended a summer program at Davis (only for a month tho), and the I’d say the most striking difference is San Diego vs. Davis/Sacramento: while Davis is a nice enough town, there’s so much more to do in San Diego that you almost have no excuse for being bored. Other differences: San Diegans can’t bike, the weather is better in La Jolla, the dorms are nicer at Davis, UCSD has fewer parties/D-2 athletics, and, obviously, UCSD has no veterinary school. I don’t think that the last point is going to hurt your ability to do research or pad your vet school application, since there are plenty of bio-related opportunities around the campus. Do you have any specific reservations/questions about UCSD or other differences?