UC Essays

So for the UC essays, I am almost done. However, I don’t know if I have talked about the right things. I talked overall about different activities in high school, and how they had strong impacts on me. However, I never talked about things liked why I want to premed, or I never even mentioned my Science Olympiad leadership. Will this be bad, if I never talked about that?

No. As long as you’ve answered four of the eight insight questions directly, you’re fine. They are not meant for you to highly every activity or discuss future goals and aspirations. They are there to give the Adcoms insight into who you are.

You list your activities elsewhere on the application and indicate a preferred major. You’re good.

I feel like I have a perfect opportunity to explain my interest in medicine as well Science Olympiad and stuff, but I find it easier to talk about other opportunities I have taken advantage of in my city.

For example, is it bad if I don’t talk about prompt 1- the leadership one, even though I have leadership position I can talk about in clubs.