UC explanation for c or lower grades in second semester of senior year

I have to write an email to my admitted school about my grade drop in the second semester of senior year and hopelly they can maintain my admission. Would you guys mind to give my some advices and reflections on my draft?

Dear UC,

I am sorry to report to you because during my second semester of my senior year, I have gotten a D in AP Chemistry and a C in English literature. Those grades are not an accurate reflection of my work ethic, and I apologize. They have slipped due to the circumstance I could not have expected or prepared for.

The reason I got these poor grades is that my parents divorced by the end of last year. I was very depressed at the moment, and since my mother did not have a job and lost lots of financial support, my family was facing an enormous financial pressure. After they had divorced, I lost my focus on my schoolwork. To support my family, I started to work at Macy’s and a Japanese restaurant. It was extremely hard for me to balance schoolwork and two jobs in the first couple months. Therefore, I got a terrible grade in first two-quarters in the second semester of my senior year. Even though I tried my best to catch up, the As on the third quarter and finals still could not raise my grade up to a C or higher.

I want to reassure you that I maintain the commitment to excellence that I had when I applied o your school. I have learned if I am to succeed in college and life, I had to focus on my education and not let personal problems affect my schoolwork. I will retake these classes at UC. I am now able to focus on my education and will try my best in college.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sounds very sincere and I think it is a great explanation. Also, I would recommend deleting this post before sending the Email in case they do a plagiarism check. This would show up and that would not look good what so ever. Good luck! Finally, out of my curiosity, what UC school did you commit to go to? You can PM me if you do delete this post.

What are you going to do in college?
Has the financial issues magically gone away?
Did not your parents think school was important?
Is your father paying child support?

what do you mean about what im goinf to do in college? so should i show my passion to my selected major?