UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Really hope there are more acceptances from the waitlist soon! Hoping to get in as a Biological Sciences major!

2 Likes

Did anyone get off for Sociology? Or not yet

We are waiting to hear back for nursing too.
@sweetart427 let us know if you hear from them

1 Like

so uci released a wave

Wave today?
Do you know the major?

Is this a question or ? I am too stressful for this kind waiting…

I feel like they were just commenting on the fact that people got off from urban studies and civil engineering yesterday

no i meant yday but it was only specific majors so i was asking was it a wave or just for majors or any information

1 Like

I did not call them but I checked my portal and I can actually apply for housing!

“ All applications received after the 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on May 02, 2023 deadline are placed on a wait-list in the order received.

Students admitted after the May 01, 2023 deadline are not guaranteed housing but are encouraged to apply and be placed on the housing wait-list.”

@pochiita I would think abt this when you commit that there’s probably a line as new waves come

1 Like

Ok yes I will! Hope we hear back soon!

1 Like

does uci admit into the school or into the major?

UCI admits into the school first and then into the major. They also consider your alternate major or often admit Undeclared.

Is it so far the people who got moved out from waitlist are all their 1st major (at least most of them)?

Sorry, I have not kept track but even some students that were admitted originally (not from the waitlist), were accepted into their alternate major or Undeclared.

has anyone gotten off for electrical engineering yet?

Has anyone gotten off for mechanical engineering?

Will there be a big wave this week since UCLA, CAL, UCSD pulled from waitlist few days ago. This has to impact UCI.

1 Like

I really hope so

2 Likes

there was a wave 2 days ago, maybe next week?

UCI had a wave 2 days ago…I just saw couple and none on reddit.